CPPDSM4015B-Minimise Agency and Consumer Risk
Carry out a risk analysis for your chosen department. Your analysis must include:
1. Identification of potential risks, both to the agency and to clients. You must include in your response:
2. The causes of each risk you identified in ‘1’?
3. The sources you would use to locate information about each of these risks.
4. The impacts of each identified risk on the agency, client, or other stakeholders?
5. A risk rating - rate each risk according to the risk rating grid in your workbook (i.e. consequences, likelihood and severity of risks).
6. Categorise these identified risks and set priorities for managing these risks moving forwards.
Below is an example of the type of information which may be included in your risk analysis. This is an example only and the question requires that you identify as many risks as possible for the agency and the client.
Identified risk: Risk to personal safety of agency staff when completing open for inspections. Cause of risk: Attack from aggressive client or unknown person who attends property, agent is alone in a remote location. Source of information about risk: Industry association, Workcover web site. Impact of risk on agency, client or other stakeholders: Staff may be unable to work due to physical injury, psychological stress etc.
Establish systems to minimise risks
For each of the risks you have identified in Part A, indicate:
• The options for minimising each risk identified.
• The legislative requirements which need to be considered when suggesting options to minimise each risk. Note: Be sure to refer to legislation including any relevant state/territory specific legislation.
• The agency policies and procedures which will need to be implemented for each risk.
What ongoing monitoring and reporting systems would you need to establish to minimise risks to the agency, clients and other stakeholders?
Describe an appropriate agency complaint handling procedure that you could implement to minimise risks to both the agency and clients. Include in your response, any specific state or territory requirements for your state or territory in relation to complaint handling procedures.