INFO6050- Process Analysis and Problem Solving
You have been asked to analyse an existing business and through systematic fact finding and documentation identify operational issues within that business. In this assignment you will be playing the role of a Business Analyst who has been selected by the top management of Boeing to analyse the current issues within the organisation. In particular, you will be investigating the issues that lead to the grounding of the 737Max. Boeing is interested in identifying possible opportunities and threats for the company and a roadmap for how possible problems can be addressed. In essence, Boeing is interested in why it failed and how to not allow this to occur again
• Assignment cover sheet (this must be included for admin purposes)
1. Why was the research was performed?
2. What are the major findings?
3. What are the next steps?
▪ In other words, pathways for management due to the findings from the research
• Table of Contents
4. What is the goals of this report and target audience?
• Business Overview Modelling
• Stakeholder analysis
5. Who are the current stakeholders and a brief description?
6. How to manage each stakeholder?
• Strategy Analysis
• SWOT analysis
• Problem identification
7. Identify 3 issues for each one give a:
o Issue (link back to problem),
o Objectives (to overcome problem),
o Requirements (for objectives)
o Constraints (for objective)
• Next steps
o Link this back to your problems identified in the last section.
o In other words, you may have more than one next step for each problem identified
o This is a roadmap not a solution