PSYC1010 Psychology Introduction
To analyze the psychological basis for behaviour by considering theories of learning, abnormal behaviour, stress, and group influence.
Write a paper of approximately 1500 to 1800 words which includes at least two references other than your text. Include a title page, headings, introduction, discussion and conclusion following A.P.A. format.
1) Select an event involving a person in the news, whether it be a celebrity or merely a person of interest that is unusual or considered to be different from the norm. You may find this event by following news sources or social media. Please submit your article to the drop box for approval prior to Monday November 11 by 11:59PM (Week 11). You must also include a hard copy of the article with the source notated in the appendix of your paper.
2) In your “Introduction”:
· Briefly describe the event and why the person’s behaviour is of particular interest to you.
· Outline why it meets the criteria of what is considered “abnormal”.
· Briefly discuss what you will be covering in your paper.
3) In the body of your paper, use headings to describe the following:
· The theory of learning you believe best fits the person’s behaviour in this case? (You may need to make some assumptions as to how they might have learned this behaviour)
· A personality disorder or some other mental disorder that could account for this behaviour. Support your selection.
· Outline how stress may have played a role by relating it to a theory of stress.
· The influence of others on this person’s behaviour by describing a social psychological phenomenon that best describes this.
4) In your “Conclusion”,
· Briefly summarize your findings
· Outline whether you believe their action was a result of “nature” or “nurture” or both.