HLN004-Chronic Conditions Prevention and Management
1. To critically examine and review specific strategies recommended for use by an interdisciplinary team for the prevention, management OR rehabilitation of a chronic condition
2. To apply chronic disease prevention, management or rehabilitation strategy review findings to a chronic condition to meet the needs of a specific population in a particular setting.
3. To synthesise and interpret relevant readings into a coherent report.
Using the same chronic condition chosen for Assignment 1:
1) Choose a specific population and a setting for your Professional Action Plan. Both population and setting can be hypothetical or real.
2) Develop an ‘Aim’ and three S.M.A.R.T. objectives (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely) for the prevention, management OR rehabilitation of the selected chronic condition (from Assignment 1) to meet the needs of your specific population.
3) Critically examine strategies that can address your aim and objectives for the prevention, management or rehabilitation of your chosen chronic condition.
4) Create a professional action plan based on the chosen strategies for use by an interdisciplinary team for the prevention, management or rehabilitation of the selected chronic condition to meet the needs of your specific population
As an academic report, your assignment should have an introduction, a body and a conclusion. Some suggested content to cover in your report includes:
1. A title page (your name and student number, title of unit, title of assignment, unit coordinator’s name, date, total word count)
2.A brief introduction to your chronic condition
3.A description of your setting, population or subpopulation of choice
4.Your aim and three S.M.A.R.T objectives
5.A discussion of your chosen specific strategies to address your aim and objectives. This discussion should include the strategies’ strengths and limitations, and evidence of their effectiveness (e.g. previous studies, systematic reviews, etc) in the prevention, management OR rehabilitation of the selected chronic condition
6.Your professional action plan