PMO201 Project Management
1. How much money it spends; this relates to a project’s costs.
2. How ahead or behind schedule it is; this relates to a project’s timescales.
3. How well the project’s products meet the required specification; this relates to a project’s quality.
4. How many of the required products have been delivered and whether any products have been delivered that were not asked for; this relates to a project’s scope.
5. How much uncertainty the project has that might lead to the project being negatively impacted; this relates to the level of project risk.
6. How much value a project has delivered to the organization either during or after the project; this relates to a project’s benefits.
The definition and characteristics of a project
What is project management
Which are the main elements of PRINCE2
What are the benefits of using PRINCE2
The seven themes of PRINCE2
The seven processes of PRINCE
The seven principles of PRINCE2
Interest in Project Management
Demand for projects continues to increase. Employers will need million individuals working in project management-oriented roles by 2027.
About of the world’s GDP (gross domestic product: the total value of goods produced and services provided in a country during a specific
time period) is spent on projects.
Organizations waste million for every billion spent on projects.
In, the average salary for someone in the project management profession in the U.S. dollars was in U.S. and in Switzerland.
Change The organization will be different after the project.
Temporary Projects don’t go on forever. They should have a start point and an end point. The end point occurs when the desired change has been implemented.
Cross-functional Cross- functional projects often involve a collection of people drawn from many different sets of skills, different departments, and sometimes even different organizations.
Unique To some extent, all project work is unique.
Uncertainty The previous four characteristics introduce a great deal of uncertainty into project work. It is not quite clear how things will turn out.