Your patient today will be: 24-year-old Lou-Anne Jones who has just been diagnosed with Endometriosis.
Today Lou-Anne is teary, and she looks uncomfortable; her fiancée Thomas is with her. In order to care for Lou-Anne, it is important you know about this alteration to the female reproduction system .
Task 1: Pathophysiology
Briefly describe the pathophysiology of this condition.
Identify two signs or symptoms that this patient may experience and link back to the pathophysiology (i.e., why is she experiencing the symptom). Provide evidence to support your reasoning.
Whilst this may require some specific language, it is expected that the reader will be able to determine your understanding of the process
Task 2: Medication
• Identify two (2) medications that this patient may require. You will need to explain the pharmacodynamics of each of the medications and your rationale for why it would be required.
• Identify any potential or adverse effects of these medications which you may need to explain to the patient?
Task 3: Nursing Care
As a RN allocated to care for Lou-Anne, you have been advised she is also Anaemic.
• What is the link of anaemia to Endometriosis?
• What nursing care/interventions would you implement in this situation and why?
Task 4: Critical Thinking
• Discuss the relationship between endometriosis and infertility
• Anxiety is often linked to this condition.
.Whatmightthisberelatedto(separatetotheabove discussion of infertility)?
.How might you identify your patient’s anxiety?
.Identifyanursingintervention/syoucouldimplementto reduce Lou-Anne’s anxiety and provide evidence-based rationale to support this.
• Identify two (2) other health professionals (other than a RN) that would be involved in this patient’s care or the patient may be referred to. Please provide a rationale with your answer.