Students will create a model of complex interactions among industry or social factors.
Use InsightMaker to create a complex systems model of the relationships among different players in the town of Bourke.
Create a conceptual model which demonstrates by simulation how youth alienation, police, and community development and other variables interact with each other.
The model does not have to directly reflect reality (that can come later), so you don't need to consider a record of actual levels of youth problems, police enforcement, or community engagement.
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
1. be able to critically examine different methods of data analysis and presentation for social networks, complex systems and relational links.
2. be able to apply intermediate skills in spreadsheets and data visualisation software to identify trends and relationships among factors in industry and society.
3. be able to analyse government, industry and social media data to identify relationships and trends.
4. be able to critically evaluate conclusions drawn from different data and analytic tools.
5. be able to create interactive models using appropriate software and effectively communicate results and findings to aid decision-makers in understanding interrelationships and trends.
This meets the following learning outcome:
1. Be able to create interactive models using appropriate software and effectively communicate results and findings to aid decision-makers in understanding interrelationships and trends.