Based on a research gap identified in your literature review, you are to develop a research proposal that addresses this gap. The main objective of a proposal is to present and justify a research idea and explain a suitable practical approach to your study.
Topic: Sustainability and Sustainable Development Goal: Why is it important for the businesses? Structure:
• Develop a title that is suitable to your proposal. The title needs to be consistent with the proposed research methods and topic.
2. Literature review
• Discuss your chosen’s topic relevance to a current issue/industry context.
• Briefly introduce the reader to key issues/topic
• Explain how your proposed addresses one or more research gaps.
4. Research question
• State your research question.
5. Research objectives
• State your research objectives.
6. Development of research model and hypotheses/propositions
• Describe and justify the relationships between the different variables/constructs that need to be examined to solve the research problem.
• Develop adequate research hypotheses or propositions.
• Illustrate your hypotheses or propositions in a research model.
7. Research methodology
• Justify your overall research strategy to the problem you have identified.
• Describe and justify your sampling frame, procedure, and overall research strategy.
• Describe and justify your data collection methods.
• Justify the proposed data analysis.
• Address ethical issues relevant to your proposed research.
8. Timescale and resources
• Propose a realistic timescale to your study (use a table format).
• Outline required resources for the completion of your studies.
• Word Count: 2500 +/- 10% (excluding appendices and references)
• Formatting: Times New Roman/Calibri/Arial, 12pt, 1.5 spacing, Justified
• References:Chicago17referencing and using a minimum of 20 academic references. If you are unsure what an academic reference is, please check with your tutor.
• Assessment to be submitted via the TURNITIN link on Blackboard that can be found in the respective assessment folder
• Please refer to Blackboard and the unit outline for specific date & time for submission Checklist to help you prevent plagiarism in your work.