HI6006 Competitive Strategy
The purpose of the Tutorial Submission is to ensure that students have familiarised themselves with the Competitive Strategy lectures of weeks and are able to apply the strategy models to the cases discussed in Tutorials of week
1. Global and socio-cultural elements of the general environment are significant to the future of Starbucks’ retail coffee and snacks store industry. Discuss how and why they are significant.
2. Describe Googles’ level of diversification strategies.
3. What has been the rationale for LVMH acquisitions? -
4. Discuss effective approaches that Samsung Electric can implement to gain and manage a successful strategic alliance.
5. Identify the competitive behavior responses of Zara to build or defend its competitive advantages and to improve its market position.
6. The current CEO of QANTAS Alan Joyce is considered a strategic leader. Identify, and discuss the actions and characteristics of effective leadership.
Holmes Institute is committed to ensuring and upholding Academic Integrity, as Academic Integrity is integral to maintaining academic quality and the reputation of Holmes’ graduates. Accordingly, all assessment tasks need to comply with academic integrity guidelines. Table 1 identifies the six categories of Academic Integrity breaches.
If you have any questions about Academic Integrity issues related to your assessment tasks, please consult your lecturer or tutor for relevant referencing guidelines and support resources. Many of these resources can also be found through the Study Skills link on Blackboard.Academic Integrity breaches are a serious offence punishable by penalties that may range from deduction of marks, failure of the assessment task or unit involved, suspension of course enrolment, or cancellation of course enrolment.