This assignment aims at assessing students’ understanding of different qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and techniques. Other purposes are:
1. Explain how statistical techniques can solve business problems
2. Identify and evaluate valid statistical techniques in a given scenario to solve business problems
3. Explain and justify the results of a statistical analysis in the context of critical reasoning for a business problem solving
4. Apply statistical knowledge to summarize data graphically and statistically, either manually or via a computer package
5. Justify and interpret statistical/analytical scenarios that best fit business solution
Group Assignment Questions
Assume your group is the team of data analytics in a renowned Australian company. The company offers their assistance to distinct group of clients including (not limited to), public listed companies, small businesses, educational institutions etc. Company has undertaken several data analysis projects and all the projects are based on multiple regression analysis. Based on the above assumption, you are required to.
1. Develop a research question which can be addressed through multiple regression analysis.
2. Explain the target population and the expected sample size
3. Briefly describe the most appropriate sampling method.
4. Create a data set (in excel) which satisfy the following conditions. (You are required to upload the data file separately).
a. Minimum no of independent variables – 2 variables
b. Minimum no of observations – 30 observations
Note: You are required to provide information on whether you used primary or secondary data, data collection source etc.
5. Perform descriptive statistical analysis and prepare a table with following descriptive measures for all the variables in your data set.
Mean, median, mode, variance, standard deviation, skewness, kurtosis, coefficient of variation.
6. Briefly comment on the descriptive statistics in the part (5) and explain the nature of the distribution of those variables.
7. Derive suitable graph to represent the relationship between dependent variable and each independent variable in your data set.