RES800 Business Research
Theory is a scientific statement that explains and predicts a scientific phenomenon under investigation.
Theories are the currency of scientific world. We use theories in our research to shape our objectives, create goals and structure our data collection, analysis and interpretation. We do research to prove/disprove/create/extended and modify theories.
Research without theory is useless.
Research Questions and Literature Review
Learning Outcome/s • Analyse ethical issues and considerations and their relevance in applied business research.
• Apply research theories and methodologies to assist in developing a business research proposal.
• Succinctly communicate arguments that reflect a synthesis of literature and business research concepts
In this assignment, students need to:
1) develop a research question which addresses an applied business problem;
2) write a 1000-word literature review on the key arguments that reflects a synthesis of the literature and incorporating key business research concepts and ethical considerations. Please pay attention to notes below:
• All reports are to be submitted to Turnitin at week
• You will be expected to have consulted books, at least 10 relevant academic journal articles, conference proceedings, theses, dissertations, market reports and so on to prepare the report.
• For in-text citation and referencing style you need to follow the style guide document on the Moodle.
The following criteria will be used to assess this assignment:
• Do-ability and clarity of the topic
• Clarity, consistency and conceptual accuracy of RQ
• Logical argumentation and flow for the literature review used to justify the relevance and significance of the topic