• This assignment must be presented as an individual effort.
• The assignment requires individual research using a range of tax resources. It is expected you will survey the relevant literature, including decided cases, and select appropriate additional resources.
• You are expected to identify the facts and issues presented by each question, identify and apply the relevant legislation and/or case law, and reach a conclusion.
• This assessment assesses your research skills, your ability to synthesise an original piece of work to specific content requirements. It also assesses your written communication skills
Draft a business letter to Julie Palmer. In the letter, students must
1) Identify any discrepancies by reconciling the bank statement against the claims made by Julie Palmer (table 1 provided).
2) Recalculate the assessable income and allowable deductions with explanations. Include section numbers and/or cases in your explanations.
3) Advise any further actions required due to the discrepancies.