MBA502 Emotional Intelligence Cultural Intelligence and Diversity
To complete an Individual Self Analysis Journal based on the completion of several self-analysis tools and surveys.
Based on the topics covered in Weeks 1-4, you will create an Individual Self Analysis Journal based on the completion of two evaluative surveys and getting others to complete two evaluative surveys on you. You will then use the Johari Window Model of Self-Awareness to discuss the results.
1. Complete a self-assessment through the Global Leadership Foundation's Global Emotional Intelligence Test (GEIT) here: https://qloballeadershipfoundation.com/qeit/eitest.html and complete Daniel Goleman's EQ Instrument from this free online link: https://www.mindtools.com/pacies/article/ei-quiz.htm
2. Contact two people who know you reasonably well (e.g. work colleagues, close friends, family members). Provide them with the link or hard-copy version of the same two survey instruments and request that they complete the survey as an assessment of you and email their survey results to you once completed.
3. Using the Johari Window Model of Self-Awareness, critically analyse your own findings and those of your associates to reflect on what you have learned about yourself. Write a reflective essay based on the assessment results you have gathered.
Discuss key areas of strengths and areas for improvement. Review major differences between your self- assessment and those that you received from your chosen two associates.
4. Your Individual Self Analysis Journal should include the following three (3) sections:
• Critically compare your results with those of the two people who evaluated you. In your analysis, use the four quadrants of the Johari Window; i.e. Open, Blind, Hidden, Unknown (approx. 400 words).
• Analyse your strengths and weaknesses based on your own survey results (approx. 300 words). Reflect on what competencies you would like to develop in order to function well as a global citizen. Provide practical examples with the assumption you work in a culturally diverse global organisation
Your Individual Self-Analysis Journal requires a significant amount of analysis and personal reflection and should be written in the first person. It should include:
• Integration of these reflections with theoretical concepts.
• A brief discussion of identified strengths and areas for development, presenting your own results, your associates' results, and a discussion of the patterns, similarities/differences and trends you discover.
• Evidence of integration of feedback received from your associates, as well as consideration of your own past experiences and feedback from other sources you have received in years gone by. • A clear conclusion reflecting on how your new insights may assist you with a potential career in a culturally diverse organisation.