Working on the same business you selected in assessment 1, prepare an Integrated Digital Marketing (IDM) plan and present it as a 2000 word report.
In this assessment, students will be given the opportunity to create strategies on how to overcome identified risks in digital marketing and communication. There will also be an opportunity to plan, implement and evaluate digital marketing strategies as a standalone strategy and integrate with more traditional marketing strategies. In addition to this, students will evaluate e-marketing compared with traditional and blended methods to identify future opportunities for business growth.
You are to review the organisations’ digital marketing problems (using the findings from assessment
1) to develop the Integrated Digital Marketing (IDM) plan and attempt to solve the problems through the better use of digital marketing knowledge you have learned from this subject. Your key objective is to integrate your subject knowledge by including the set of digital marketing models and frameworks, strategies and tactics to generate a personalised and successful IDM plan for your organisation. Your plan must attempt to raise awareness and generate interest in your client’s product/service to a chosen target segment. You must include tools to monitor your campaign and to measure its digital impact (e.g., YouTube subscribers, Instagram likes, Facebook comments, Twitter retweets, blog mentions, and so on). The recommendations provided should showcase your creativity while still being feasible. Your digital marketing plan report should follow the format below:
a. concisely describe the current business mission, strategy and operations of your client, the industry in which the company operates, industry trends, major competitions, client strengths and weaknesses in relation to major competitors, macro-environmental threats and opportunities and current digital presence.
b. Describe the marketing strategy of the client in terms of current product/service offerings, the target markets to which these are directed, customers segments and value propositions, and the product/service positioning strategies being used to deliver the value propositions to the chosen customer segment.
COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIACopyright Regulations 1969
This material has been reproduced and communicated to you by or on behalf of Kaplan Business School pursuant to Part VB of the Copyright Act 1968 (‘Act’). The material in this communication may be subject to copyright under the Act. Any further reproduction or communication of this material by you may be the subject of copyright protection under the Act. Kaplan Business School is a part of Kaplan Inc., a leading global provider of educational services. Kaplan Business School
2) Integrated (traditional + digital) Marketing Strategy
Based on 1a and 1b above, identify the primary marketing challenged (justified by the audit from assessment 1) being faced by the client and any recommendations you may have about how the marketing challenge could be addressed.
Summarise your justification for changing your client’s marketing strategy to achieve digital integration by re-targeting marketing efforts, re-defining customer segments, re-positioning product/service offerings, and/or changing value propositions. Identify specific changes being proposed in product, price, channel and promotion strategies through digital transformation.
3) Digital Marketing Plan
Describe your proposed digital marketing plan in detail. For each item or activity listed, discuss how it will help to achieve the client’s marketing strategy, address the marketing challenge you’ve identified, and capitalise on any new digital marketing opportunities that are related to the challenge.
Describe the digital assets/platforms (e.g. tools) that you believe the client should implement in their strategy. Bear in mind that not all digital platforms discussed across the trimester need to be implemented- only use the ones you believe are directly related to the business and the ones that you see as the best tools to help the business achieve their objectives and digital integration. Use your judgement in selecting the digital platforms and include making selections from items covered in the subject including but not limited to:
- Social Media Marketing (e.g. Facebook advertising)
- Social Media (e.g. Creation of a Facebook fan page)
- Mobile Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Any of the trends highlighted in Assessment 2