MBS546 Business Finance
1. Download all available financial data for TELSTRA CORPORATION LTD (ASX Code: TLS) from DataAnalysis Premium (Murdoch library’s databases).
2. Give a brief description of TLS.
3. Explain the purpose of financial statement analysis.
4. Analyse the firm’s current operation using its financial statements (i.e. income statement, balance sheet and cash-flow statement). You should also take into account supply and demand factors (i.e. you need to look at the market conditions at both industry and economy levels).
5. Download the S&P/ASX 200 from Yahoo Finance website and calculate the rate of return for S&P/ASX 200.
6. Using the Capital Asset Pricing Model and an appropriate government bond yield as risk-free interest rate and the result from (5) to calculate the required rate of return for TLS.
7. Use an appropriate dividend valuation model to value Telstra's shares (Hint: use the total dividend figures).
8. Draw graphs for TLS’s adjusted share price and return (you can use daily, monthly or quarterly return). Compare the company's share price and return with your analyses in questions (6) and (7) above.
9. How does the current pandemic affect Telstra’s growth prospect?
10. Use the information and results from your analyses in questions 4-8 above; identify areas of cash flows (i.e. operating, investing and financing) where the firm needs to pay attention to.
11. Suggest relevant investment and financing strategies to improve the firm’s cash flow position.
12. Justify your recommendation in terms of shareholders’ wealth maximisation
MyAssignmenthelp.com boasts qualified and experienced experts, who assist students to accomplish essays of all types within any given deadline. Our wide range of essay writing services ranges from proposal essay help, argumentative essay help, comparative essay help to literature essay help. Moreover, students from any background or pursuing any educational discipline can avail our services. Some of our popular services include nursing essay help, MBA essay help, English essay help, law essay help and much more.