One report only from a group: Each assignment group, rather than each of your assignment team members, is required to submit one and ONLY one assignment report. However, it is allowed to submit an updated version of you r report from the student who submitted the original version. The version that you submitted the last before the due date will be marked.
Task 1: Wireshark Analysis [80 Marks]
Open Wireshark.pcapng and answer the following questions . For each of these questions, you are required to provide an answer with supporting evidence such as screenshots.
1. How many frames have the TCP FIN bit set to 1?
2. How many frames contain the string "set-cookie" in upper case or lower case?
3. Find the first ARP request. What is its Target IP Address?
4. What is the source IP address of the largest TCP delta value?
5. How many HTTP packets arrived after at least a 1 second delay?
6. How many Ethernet conversations are in this trace file?
7. How many packets are the POST packet?
8. Find the first DNS request. What is its Transaction ID in hexadecimal?
9. What HTTP command is sent in frame 38014?
10. How many frames travel to or from fe80::201:5cff:fe31:bbc1?
11. How many retransmissions and fast retransmissions are seen in this trace file?
12. How many frames have “Bad TCP” colouring rule?
13. Temporarily colour “TCP stream 80” with a lig ht blue background and a pply a filter on this traffic. How many packets match your filter?
14. Export question 13 summary in CSV format. Using a spreadsheet program to show what the total length is. [5 marks]
15. Create and apply a colouring rule for TCP delta delays. How many frames match this colouring rule? [5 marks]
16. Export question 15 filtered TCP delta information in CSV format. Using a spreadsheet program, what is the average TCP delta time?
Task 2: Reflections
Your report should include a separate section of reflections. In this section, each student is asked to write a paragraph in your report to reflect on what you have achieve d so far from th is unit, and specifically from this assignment. This gives you an opportunity to reflect on what you have learned and also what you think you need to improve. Your reflections are expected to be specific to yourself (not general to others).
Task 3: Declaration of Contributions
This assignment is an individu al or group-of-two-or-thr ee project. Your re port should include a separate section of declaration of contributions. In this section, each of your group members is required to write a line or two to declare individual contributions to the project.
Individual attempt will get full marks automatically from this component.