This assessment task is aligned to the following learning outcomes:
1. Critique the Mental Health Act and the ethics of acute care within the contexts of clinical intervention and consumer experiences of care
2. Appraise a range of acute care conditions engagement and interventions
Participate in the following discussion board by performing the following steps:
1. Undertake some research on the use of seclusion in the acute mental health setting. Choose a stance for or against the use of seclusion and justify your choice.
2. Identify the legal and ethical concerns associated with your stance and discuss how you would address these concerns.
Write an essay that:
1. Provides a brief overview of the type of risk assessments that are necessary to consider in acute mental health
2. Critiques the effectiveness or accuracy of available risk assessment tools/methods
3. Discusses how the risk assessment process could be improved or optimised, ensuring your arguments are evidence based.