Instructions to Learners:
• This summative assessment can be completed in class or at any other convenient location.
• Students are required to complete this task using digital tools and ensure to submit in an acceptable format, e.g. .docx, .pdf, .pptx, or as advised by your assessor.
• Please use the following formatting guidelines to complete this assessment task:
• Assessment activities can be completed either in real workplace environment or in a simulated environment such as your classroom. In both cases, appropriate evidence of the assessment activities must be provided.
Instruction to Assessors:
• You must assess student’s assessment according to the provided Marking Criteria.
• You must complete and record any evidence related to assessment activities including role-plays and presentations using appropriate forms which must be attached with student assessment submission.
• You must provide students with detailed feedback within 10 working days from submission.
The project could concentrate on installing power management software and energy efficient software for a small school with a small network of 3 desktop PC’s including a server. For example,To maximize power savings, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends setting computers to enter system standby or hibernate after 30 to 60 minutes of inactivity. To save even more, set monitors to enter sleep mode after 5 to 20 minutes of inactivity. The lower the setting, the more energy you save. On laptops, be sure to activate these settings in the AC power profile — not just the DC (battery power) profile.
Develop plans, with prioritised tasks and contingency arrangements, for the installation of power management software and energy efficient hardware with minimum disruption to clients Put in the attached Work Breakdown Structure
1. Liaise with appropriate person to obtain approval for the plans.
2. Install and configure according to plan, in accordance with installation procedures and organisational requirements
3. ench test for performance, utilising available technology Put the results as an attachment to the user manual.
4. Identify and resolve identified problems
5. Test and enhance system performance, using knowledge of the system, to meet organisational and supply authority benchmarks
6. Document the installation and configuration process according to organisation guidelines
7. Put the documentation in the user manual.