BHS104A Anatomy and Physiology
1. Identify the major components and explain the structure and function of the cardiovascular and circulatory system and its role in the control of blood pressure
2. Identify the major components and explain the structure and function of the of the immune and lymphatic systems and understand the mechanisms of immunity.
3. Identify the major components and explain the structure and function of the respiratory system and the process of respiration and gas exchange.
4. Recognise the major components and discuss the structure and function of the nervous system and discuss the physiology of pain, temperature and neural regulation of the body.
5. Describe and discuss the structure and function of the sense organs, including the processes of olfaction,gustation, vision, and hearing & balance.
This assessment aims to improve your:
i) skills in producing an informative and engaging set of slides
ii) ability to effectively and accurately communicate information in slides
iii) knowledge and understanding of body systems and homeostasis
iv) academic skills
1. Create a three (3) minute PowerPoint presentation that includes audio and visual components on one (1) of the physiological processes covered in this subject.
2. Demonstrate how your chosen body system contributes to the structure and function of the tissues and/or organs of the system. To do this, define the levels of organization (e.g. cells, tissues, organs) that make up your chosen body system. It is also required to demonstrate an understanding of how your chosen body system contributes to homeostasis and its role in movement, oxygenation and/or protection.
3. The content of your presentation should explain the physiological process of the chosen topic and define any scientific or medical terminology. The intended audience for this assessment is your lecturer, but the level of information should be pitched at a peer level.
4. You should include a title slide at the beginning and a reference list slide at the end; both of which are included in the 10-slide limit.
5. You should include an introduction slide that provides some background information on the chosen topic. The conclusion slide concludes and summarises the presentation.
6. To support the content/topic of your presentation, use a minimum of five (5) different references from academic sources (e.g. scientific journal articles, textbooks, credible webpages .edu and .gov).
7. When referencing, make sure you use APA style 6th edition in accordance with the academic writing guide available
8. You are required to embed the audio into the presentation and/or each slide to create a continuous slideshow.
9. Include at least two (2) relevant diagrams, graph, infographic, image, table and/or other visual aids to enhance/support your explanations. Please ensure these are referenced properly (APA style).
10. To make this narrated visual presentation, it is strongly recommended that students first view the video ‘Assessment 2 - how to structure a PowerPoint presentation’ available on Blackboard under Assessment 2 – Digital presentation webpage. This video shows you how to do a simple voice over on a power point presentation.
1. Save the presentation in a .pptx or .ppt format using your first and last names.
2. Upload through the submission link entitled Assessment PowerPoint Presentation. For all queries around the upload of your presentation, please contact the Learning Portal Coordinator at Student Services.
MyAssignmenthelp.com boasts a talented team of homework help tutors who help students to write homework assignments perfectly. Students, who are searching for answers for can someone do my homework for cheap find our services worthwhile. The reason being our experts provide high quality help with homework writing at affordable prices. Despite providing reasonable academic assistance, we never compromise with the quality of the papers. Some of our popular services are Math homework help, finance homework help, finance homework help, management homework help, etc.