Case History Discussion
1. Here is the place to discuss your findings.
2. What risk factors and comorbidities are identified from the case history?
3. How are these relevant to your diagnostic thinking? i.e. with your initial information prioritise how the risk factors in the history increase or decrease the likelihood of certain diagnoses/illnesses.
4. What are the initial disease conditions you are considering for the case scenario?
You may like to use the SOCRATES mnemonic as your guide to analyse the presenting symptom: does it have many typical features? Alternatively, is it more unusual? Are there any atypical things here?
1. Do you think the case has symptoms that need more exploration? Is it possible there is another unrelated possible condition involved?
Review of Examination Findings
2. Here is the place to consider and critically examine the physical examination findings.
3.What are the important positive findingsin the case study?
4. Are there any important negative findings? (an example of an important negative finding is: in a patient with asthma on auscultation of their chest there was no wheeze present)