This assessment addresses the following learning outcomes:
1. Integrate and apply their knowledge and skills in public health
2. Develop research skills and apply these to a public health issue
3. Conduct a small literature review which critically analyses key issues on a public health research topic
4. Define and justify a research question, based on the literature/public health issue, and outline its significance
By the end of module 3, student must provide to their learning facilitator a brief review of the literature on their chosen topic. The literature review must contain key references/theorists/researchers for the public health topic chosen. The literature review assignment must be designed to address the following questions:
• Who are the key theorists/researchers in your public health topic?
• What are the key issues?
• What are the gaps in the existing body of knowledge?
• Critical and comprehensive review of the literature:
Provides a lucid introduction
Shows a sophisticated understanding of the key issues
Shows ability to interpret relevant information and literature in relation to chosen topic
Demonstrates a capacity to explain and apply relevant concepts o Shows evidence of reading beyond the required readings
Justifies any conclusions reached with well-formed arguments and not merely assertions