MEC2304 Solid Modelling
Your task is to:
1. Create parametric feature-based solid models for all the components of the gear pump as but with a suitable double-groove pulley instead of the single-groove pulley represented.
2. Create an assembled model of a single pump showing all parts in their working positions and with the 19 mm wide gears fitted.
3. Set up a parametric relationship to automatically update the housing cavity depth and other parts, features and dimensions affected by the gear width change as mentioned in item 1 of the Background section (i.e. a simple dimension edit to the width of the driving gear model should automatically change the sizes and / or shape of the effected mating parts and features.)
4. Produce a model of a double-groove pulley for the electric motor.
5. Design and model a base to support the motor and two pumps. The base should be designed to allow positional adjustability of the motor so that the belts can be tensioned as well as accommodating the different length V-belts - as mentioned in the Background section, item 8.
6. Create a second assembled model. This time the model should show the spatial arrangement of the motor, pumps and base. You will need to include the pulleys, coupling and all other associated drive components e.g. keys, belts, couplings. You should also show all the fasteners – bolts, nuts, washers, screws etc.
7. Produce two separate engineering assembly drawings - one of the overall assembly as in 6 above and the second of a single pump as in 1 and 2 above. In addition to the orthographic views the drawing should also include a perspective view, title block, parts lists, and other information generally associated with assembly drawings.
8. Produce fully dimensioned engineering detail drawings for the parts listed below:
• housing cover
• gear stud
• mounting base
• drive and driven pulleys
Specify appropriate surface finish requirements, general tolerances, and other information normally shown on a detail drawing. In addition to the orthographic views each drawing should also include a perspective view of the part.
9. Nominate and justify suitable fits and tolerances, on a separate A4 sheet, for the following mating parts / features:
(a) driven gear and gear stud
(b) housing and gear stud
(c) driving gear and shaft
List the basic size and dimension tolerances for each fit on the sheet. The specific tolerances should also be shown in the detail drawings.