After completing this module you should be able to:
● define organisational administration
● discuss the functions of organisational administration
● analyse the changing context of organisational administration
● critically evaluate the relevance of Fayol’s principles of administration within the current business environment
● explain the potential contribution that effective organisational administration can make to business sustainability
This exercise aims to provide you with a means of gaining a general understanding of the breadth of the term administrative management and of the diversity of interpretations given to the term across organisations.
● Collect a number of job advertisements (at least six) for administrative managers, administrators (or similar terminology) from on-line job websites or major newspapers.
● Compare the ads in order to detect similarities and differences amongst the ads.
● List the features/requirements common to most of the ads you collected.