BSBCUS501 Manage Quality Customer Service
Provide answers to all of the questions below:
1. Explain the purpose of the Australian Consumer Law and how it protects consumers’ rights.
2. Outline the consumer guarantees that apply for both products and services under the Australian Consumer Law.
3. List the types of products and services covered by the consumer guarantee.
4. Explain why it is unlawful for a retailer to display a sign to say that no refunds are provided.
5. Discuss whether consumers are legally entitled to a refund or replacement if they change their mind when buying a product or service.
6. Discuss the statement below in relation to guidelines about consumer guarantees. Provide an example to illustrate your answer.
“Some suppliers or manufacturers tell the consumer an extended warranty provides extra protection, which the consumer would not have unless they buy it.”
7. Explain at least two benefits of an effective complaint handling system for businesses and consumers and outline the standard steps that you would use to effectively deal with a customer complaint.
8. A retailer wishes to establish a consistent welcome procedure for sales staff to follow when a potential client enters the sales room. Outline a standard procedure that the sales people could follow. Your answer should be in easy to follow steps.
9. Explain the concept of service standards and their importance. Identify two examples of services standards.
10. Explain why a company committed to best practice customer services may choose to measure its service standards.
11. Explain the concept of public relations as a method of marketing communication.
12. Explain five methods by which a company can promote its products.
13. Explain how customer service can impact on the public relations image of a company.
14. Explain how you could overcome verbal communication barriers with customers.
15. Explain how you can overcome barriers to communication with customers who have a hearing impairment.
16. Outline four keys way of providing excellent customer service.
17. Explain why an unhappy customer is not good for business.
18. Explain the importance of understanding customer behaviour and two techniques that can be used to analyse customer behaviour.
19. Explain three key customer research methods.
20. Explain the importance of recording and monitoring complaints.