The assessment is designed to help you gather evidence of your competence against the requirements of the unit of competency (as outlined above) while applying your learning in the workplace. Your evidence may take a variety of forms and must be:
-Authentic – your own work
-Valid – related to the competency
-Sufficient – appropriate quantity and quality
-Current – recent proof of your skills and knowledge
When should I submit this assessment?
The recommended timeframe for completing your assessment is within twelve weeks of undertaking training. Please advise if you anticipate needing more time so that your records can be updated.
Use this assessment kit to complete your responses to the assessment, attaching additional evidence and documentation as appropriate. Please ensure all additional documents are clearly labelled so that your assessor understands the relevance to specific parts of the assessment.
Assessment Submission and Feedback
Submit your assessment online via myAIM. Once submitted, your assessment will be assessed and feedback returned to you via myAIM.
Upon completion of all the assessment requirements you will receive an overall assessment of ‘Competent’ or ‘Not Yet Competent’ for the unit of competency.
If further work is required to achieve an assessment of ‘Competent’, you will be given one (1) opportunity to resubmit your work.
Upon successful completion and being deemed competent, you will be eligible for a Statement of Attainment. If you are enrolled in a full qualification, you will be issued with a Certificate and Transcript upon successful completion of all of your units.
You may be required to submit video evidence for part of this assessment. Ideally you will upload your video evidence to YouTube (as a private link) and supply the link to your assessor.
Seek permission from any participants that are involved and ensure they are aware of the purpose of the video, i.e. to assess your competence in a task.
Describe two pieces of legislation, regulations and/or organisational policy and explain how they have an impact on communication processes within your organisation.
Outline one legislative requirement relevant to workplace relationships (e.g. Workplace or Industrial Relations, Equal Employment Opportunity, Anti-Discrimination). Explain the impact it has on improving work performance in your team.
How does your organisation communicate electronically and non-electronically, both internally and externally? List at least five methods, describe a situation where each of these methods is the most effective choice and explain why.
Describe the recommended processes within your organisation (or one you have researched) for:
2. Work allocation/workload management
3. Employee consultation
4. Managing underperformance and maintaining productivity
5. Resolving issues at the workplace
6. Understanding difference and its impact on behaviour.
List the characteristics of the following techniques for developing positive work relationships and building trust and confidence within a team and provide one example of each:
1. Adjusting your interpersonal style (e.g. communication style, conflict resolution style)
2. Using effective communication (verbal and non-verbal)
3. Effective listening
4. Being sensitive to cultural and social diversity
5. Networking (internal and external)
6. Using a range of leadership styles
Note: Interpersonal styles are those used to communicate and interact with people.
Following is an example of an organisational value. “We want our people to be accountable, proud and committed to delivering better outcomes for our customers.”
1. Outline how you would communicate this value as a goal to your team.
2. Give one example of how workplace relations and the cultural environment of your organisation support this goal and one example of how they may hinder it.
3. a) In order to understand the accountably proud firstly the team should able to know their Job and Job description. So that after knowing their JDs they will able to perform well and achieve their goals effectively.
4. b) Google is one of the best examples of understanding the friendly culture of the organization. They have an environment in which people love to work and have a time for enjoyment in their working hours. They also able to complete their job and deliver best to the customer that’s why google says that employees are accountably proud for the organization.
Secondly there are some organizations who are very conscious about goal achievement due to which they haven’t create the environment so friendly that their employees are going in stress because of workload and lack of relief.
Describe two (2) types of feedback methods and explain key principles to consider when providing feedback to your direct reports.
There are several methods for feedback but most of the organizations usually used the manual and electronic methods of feedback. Manual method of feedback is
usually a time taking firstly in filling by the people after that matching all the response to get the result. Electronic system of the feedback is usually beneficial like after filling the form by people the system automatically generates the results within minutes which helps to evaluate the performance of the employees and to know that what should be added to make the operation more effective. Different organization conduct feedback session in order to know the performance of the subordinates from customer and for suggestions regarding advancement in operations from the employees.
Leading an effective team requires a range of diverse skills. Research and explain each of the following principles, then give an example of how you would translate this into a team leader’s responsibilities.
1. Negotiation and team problem solving that focus on win-win outcomes
2. Team motivation
3. Group dynamics and team building processes
4. Workplace innovation
5. Treating internal and external contacts with integrity, respect and empathy
6. Being trustworthy (competent, reliable and honest).