- Review your Position Description (PD) and your organisation’s business plans, business goals, policies and procedures. My career goal is HR Manager. Here is the PD from John Readings PD for HR Manager.
- Recruitment, selection and retention of a workforce that meets the present and future needs of the business,
- To develop policies and systems aimed at producing a dynamic workforce and working environment,
- To establish and maintain employee relations programs and policy that provide for the collective and individual growth of the company’s employees,
- Seek to improve processes associated with human resources functions to ensure best practice being provided to the organisation,
- To establish compliance with legislative requirements,
- Provide leadership and direction to the human resources staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and provide leadership to the human resources team,
- Ensure the finance department adheres to industrial agreements, awards and company guidelines in payroll production,
- Ensure personal files are accurate and up to date and reflect a work history of each employee, including promotions/higher duties allowance, current qualifications, training completed, training requirements, worker’s compensation details and appraisal records,
- Deal with routine inquiries and matters to, or from, employees.
- Provide advice on industrial relations issues and matters of award interpretation to minimise industrial conflict,
- Act as a mentor to supervisory staff to assist in developing their industrial relations knowledge, skills and conflict handling ability,
- Award interpretation in consultation with industrial relations consultant, unions and other relevant sources including global recruitment practices,
- Develop, negotiate and implement award agreements and/or other industrial agreements,
- Deal with routine inquiries and matters to, or from, union organisations/other bodies.
- Develop and review recruitment and selection policies and practices to ensure best practice (i.e., to attract quality fields and ensure the selection of the most competitive applicants),
- Raise staff awareness of selection techniques (e.g. conduct training for panel members),
- Manage the selection process on behalf of the CEO and managers,
- Responsible for the processing of all recruitment vacancies and associated advertisements (in conjunction with the CEO and executive managers) to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and company policies,
- Responsible for the coordination of the interview processes (contacting prospective interviewees, mediate on panels and selection of successful applicant),
- Provide input to develop and maintain an orientation and induction policy,
- Ensure that the induction process is carried out consistently across the organisation in line with an orientation and induction policy,
- Ensure that separation processes are carried out in accordance with statutory, award and company policy requirements.
- Work with the occupational health and safety (OHS) consultant to oversee the OHS consultant’s management of the workers compensation and injury management issues,
- Take reasonable care to ensure personal safety and health at work and that of other persons in the workplace, in accordance with company policies and management principles,
- Observe all safe working practices as directed by the supervisor and the use of personal protective equipment as, and when, provided,
- Report ALL accidents, incidents and hazardous situations arising in the course of work.
- Manage the compilation of data and development of appropriate performance indicators in relation to performance appraisal reviews,
- Arrange the documentation for the company’s performance appraisals and to arrange a timetable for the conducting of such appraisals within policy guidelines,
- Disseminate training offered throughout the organisation and as highlighted in performance reviews,
- Review the PMS and prepare annual reports on outcomes and satisfaction level
This position reports to the CEO of the company and is responsible for the direct supervision of:
- The HR team,
- External/internal specialist consultants,
- OHS officer.
The position works across the company and in close cooperation/providing a range of HR related services to managers and staff.
PD Approved by: CEO John Readings Pty Ltd
Supervisor: CEO John Readings Pty Ltd
Employee: Monica I Lazaro
Provide a list of the organisation’s policies, procedures and plans that will inform team and personal goal setting
HR planning and proposals:
- John Readings Principles and Workforce Strategy VA218
- John Readings Administrative Team Current Capability and Future Requirements VA219
- John Readings Vision and Mission VA215
- John Readings Global Code of Ethics VA216
- John Readings Competency Framework 2V20
- John Readings Employee Relations IR Data VA219
- John Readings Job Evaluation Manual VA217
- John Readings People Matter Service Proposal VA215
- John Readings Recruitment Proposal Domestic Market VA217
- John Readings Recruitment Solutions Proposal (PRS) VA217
- John Readings WHS Management System Principles Objectives VA219
- John Readings Policy Occupational Health and Safety VA217
- Based on your PD (and following your organisation’s business plans, goals, and applicable policies and procedures), establish five work goals (including both personal work and team goals). You must also:
- Describe how and why you established your goals,
- Explain the value of personal and team goal setting in an organisation
- Goal: Recruit a diverse workforce to meet the needs of organisation Objective: Maintain employee retention rate above 80%
- Goal: Provide learning and development plan to fill the gaps
- Objective: increase the percent of employees who attain their L&D targets annually
- Goal: Manage the compilation of data and development of appropriate performance indicators, performance management process is planned and completed and aligned with goals of the organisation
- Objective: Percentage of employees who achieve 80% of their annual targets
- Goal: Achieve a positive work environment
Objective: Increase the percentage of employees who indicate that we have a positive and supporting environment which will be measured through annual surveys.
- Goal: Work with the occupational health and safety (OHS) consultant to oversee the OHS consultant’s management of the workers compensation and injury management issues are upto date
- Objective: 100% of all accidents, incidents and hazardous situations are recorded and recorded and measures are put in place to ensure staff safety.
I was looking at goals that develop deeper knowledge and will enable me to make better informed decisions when the goals are defined. The These goals are set to in order to measure success , make all the team members feel safe in their workplace, and they are given direction in achieving their goals in the organisation and that aligns with the vision of the organisation . with these goals I
- For goal 1. John Readings Internal SLA VA217 is essential as it states HR to provide IR advice, recruitment assistance to managers of all business units. HR then gather JD, establish time frame and begin selection process.
- For Goal 5
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure performance related to work goals.
- How the KPIs will be used to measure goal-related performance,
- How you will maintain performance under varying conditions and contingencies. Give specific examples,
- How, given your own personal strengths and weaknesses, you will capitalise on, or minimise, the effect of these personal traits in your work plans.
- Consider a range of activities to advance work goals. Choose two ‘high priority’ work goals to develop work plans for.
- The process you undertook to prioritise activities,
- Any competing demands and how you plan to manage these to achieve goals.
- Referring to the template provided here as an example, use Microsoft Word to develop two work plans to achieve the two goals you have prioritised.
- The process of developing your plans to manage work priorities,
- How you have used the plans to manage time efficiently.
- How you will ensure you serve as a positive role model through work planning and organisation. Give examples. Describe how your work plans serve as examples to follow in your workplace,
- How you will maintain appropriate work–life balance, manage stress and maintain health.