Student must accurately reference all external sources of information
You work as an Administration Assistant at Covers Books which is a small bookshop owned by Diana Mathis Operating for just over three years, Covers Books specialize in fiction books and have built up a steady business with many repeat customers from the local area. Diana Mathis (the owner) of Covers Books has decided to display the safe energy conservation practices information in the store.
You are required to design and develop an energy and resource conservation poster using the style guide in the Appendix file below, available for download (or a suitable style guide from your workplace), cover sheet template and short report on how you completed the poster. Upload the poster as the answer.
Plan and produce document (Poster)
- Using the style guide in appendix 1 - design one A4 size poster
- Ensure that the company logo and page layout and font selection comply with the style guide, however Diana has given approval for you to be creative in terms of the overall document layout.
- Design color posters so that Diana has the option to print the poster in color or greyscale
- Content of your poster : an explanation of what the Covers Books energy and resource conservation requirements are (available in Appendix 3)
- Use software functions available to you (such as alignment, text and image importing, WordArt, SmartArt) to ensure that the design of the document is appropriate.
- Use the software functions to ensure that the poster will print on a single A4 sheet, without compromising the design or layout.
- Use manuals, user documentation and online help to overcome problems with document design and production.
- Proofread the document.
- Save the poster using the following format: [Your initials] Ergonomics Poster ddmmyy, for example, ˜DP Ergonomics Poster 010610"
Complete a cover sheet in appendix 2 for your poster.
Save a copy of your poster (colour or black and white) and the cover sheet.
Upload in Moodle as separate files
1. Write a short report in the text box answering the following questions:
2. What is the document (your poster) purpose, audience and presentation requirement?
3. Which complex technical functions (such as alignment, text and image importing, WordArt, SmartArt, use of templates) of Word did you consider for their usefulness in fulfilling the requirements of the task?
4. How does your document structure and layout suit purpose, audience and information requirements of the task?
5. How does your design enhance readability and appearance?
6. What manuals, user documentation and online help did you use to overcome problems with document design and production?
7. What software functions did you use to assist in producing the document?