1. Provide the rationale for the choice of the research methodology and research design for the research project.
2. Identify and justify the inclusion and exclusion criteria (sampling criteria) and provide rational on its significance for the purpose of the proposed research project and describe how the data will be collected and its appropriateness for the proposed research project.
3. Provide the rationale for the selection of the data analysis method and why is it appropriate for the proposed research project?
4. Can you identify where the significance of the research project begins?
5. How many reasons are provided for the significance of the project?
6. Provide the rationale for the choice of the research methodology and research design for the research project Begin with a topic sentence stating which research methodology and research design will be used.
7. Include referenced information on the methodology and design and its benefits in general next, connect it to your proposed research project and provide a rationale for your selection of research methodology and design.
Some aspects to consider when writing the rationale:
1. Will the research methodology and design provide new insights into the topic?
2. Will it generate more reliable data?
3. Will it clearly address the research question?
4. End with a concluding sentence?
An Introduction to this Unit:
In this unit nursing and midwifery students will develop a foundational understanding of research concepts that inform analysis of literature and evidence based practice. These skills will broaden the students understanding of the importance of research that underpins nursing and midwifery practice.
Access to an internet enabled device is essential in order to be able to: access course materials; to participate in discussion groups; and to access additional resources provided by the lecturer during the session.