Save Time & improve Grade
Just share requirement and get customized Solution.
21 Top Tips for Assignment Writing
We all know that there is no prescribed approach to producing assignment content. Professors say it should be developed through various exercises. But the content must address the target audience on the subject matter. So what makes an assignment good? Our experts know the answer. They have come up with 21 practical tips for students who struggle with their assignment writing. You can implement these tips in your writing in order to gain best results.
21 tricks to write the best assignment
- Read assignment instructions: Study the task carefully as soon as you receive it. Don’t put off the task, it may lead to procrastination. Going through the task immediately can definitely save your time and also spare you from stress and other assignment-related issues.
- Get an overview of the topic: Before starting with the topic, you need to assess the overview of the subject. This assessment will tell you how much material you have in your hand. You will be clear about the possibility of whether or not to carry on with this topic further.
- Assess the question: Pay attention to the order of the question. It will direct you to the thinking process that your instructor wants you to follow. For instance, the following instructions indicate format rules or guidelines:“Be concise” or “argue effectively”.
- Fix the time limit: When you write your assignment, part of planning for the assignment will always be to ask yourself how long you should work on this assignment. Be sensible with time management. This will help you to keep your assignment steady. Divide the time for research, drafting and finally editing.
- Identify connecting areas: As you concentrate on time management, also determine the relationships in all the writing material and connect these ideas to the topic or assignment question. This will help you to form the thesis statement. After determining the linking areas, examine key theories, theorist positions and major concepts.
- Break down the assignment: When you have fixed the time limit for working on the assignment, your next obligation will be to break down the assignment into manageable smaller pieces. This will help you in speeding up and prioritizing the work.
- Take time to think: It is crucial to take time to think about your subject and the expectations you need to fulfill. In this way, you can refine your thoughts by bringing them in one place. Only with brainstorming sessions, you can come up with polished ideas.
- Think critically: Analyzing the concepts has to be characterized by critical thinking. It involves identifying the strengths and weaknesses of the topic and connecting those in coherent manner and demonstrating their relevance and importance as a whole.
- Research well: Well-researched original piece of work is always appreciated by tutors. This is the phase where students learn to synthesize, analyze and interpret information using appropriate disciplinary content and methodology. While you conduct research work, you should —
- Set clear goals in order to accomplish the assignments
- Determine the type of information because it differs based on assignment questions
- Library guide list will help to acquire subject-specific dictionaries, encyclopedias, books, e-books, websites and more
- Make use of library support system by consulting with the subject specialist librarians.
- Develop search strategy: After research, it is now time to develop a strategy. Under the development of the search strategy, you have five standard steps —
- Summarize the topic
- Identify the main concepts and keywords
- Brainstorm these concepts to come up with similar ideas or words
- Develop search strategy by linking the keywords with And/Or
- Perform the search and evaluate the findings
- Search tools: Summon, general and specialist database as well as search engines (Google and Google Scholar).
- Record the findings: Borrowing too much information from a source will lead to unintentional plagiarism. To prevent that, look away from the source while taking notes (except when you are quoting). While you take notes, be sure that you mention the page reference, book and author name in a perfect manner. There are three kinds of note taking,
- Draft the structure: While constructing the rough plan of your first draft, you need to consider,
- What are the main points?
- What other ideas are worth including?
There is no specific rule on how many drafts you should create. But if you submit your first draft as the final assignment, you will be unlikely to receive desired grades. So keep in mind that after creating the first draft, you should expand and tune your ideas in successive drafts.
- Maintain continuity of ideas: You have to ascertain that the ideas are flowing deliberately within and between the paragraphs. So the reader will not get confusedin following the argument. To seize the reader’s focus, you need to divide your work into different paragraphs consisting of one idea or concept.
- Include figures and tables: Figures, graphs, and tables are often used in the scientific report assignment. To use those effectively, you need to follow some dos and don’ts,
- Table and graphs should be numbered sequentially, labeled clearly and positioned as close to the text as possible.
- Put tables and figures in the results section or complex raw data in the Appendix
- Guide the reader in interpreting the information in the table or figure
- Don’t revamp data from source information into another format without citing references of your information
- Don’t pop a table or figure into your writing without referring to its existence and relevance to your argument in preceding text.
- Implement examples: Comparing different sources and identifying their strengths and weaknesses reflect your clear understanding. When you back your facts with relevant examples, your knowledge can be applied in real practice.
- Revise: Two things you need to do before conducting the revisions.
- Check the structure and logic of your argument
- You have answered the question in a precise manner
Then decide how you can best reshape the writing to develop the idea that most interests the target audience.
- Read the paper aloud: After taking break from the writing for one or two days, read your content slowly but loud. This way you can assess how does it ‘sound’. You need to keep few things in mind in order to conduct line by line analysis,
- Does the content flow in an effective manner?
- Is it too long or too short to define what you wish to say?
- Does the content address your relevant audience and give them the information they expect?
- Choose appropriate vocabulary: Maintain a formal language and choose vocabulary according to it. You need to assess,
- Is there any word that lacks definition or context?
- Is there any word that is emotionally charged?
- Use active voice and descriptive vocabulary and avoid overuse of pronouns (it, they, we, their, etc.)
- Make the final draft: You can use computer word and layout software in order to produce a professional looking final draft. If you are doing an assignment for a course, be sure to check the professor’s instructions regarding the format requirements. Be careful to choose the type of font, colors, design and formatting. Don’t overdo with boldface, italic type, bullets and similar elements.
- Edit: For better editing option, you can take print out of the final draft. Scrolling up and down in a long complex document can be very confusing.
- Outline the scope, focus, method and sources under the abstract title
- Find out whether or not the title is narrowed down
- Determine whether your argument and evidence are generalized which need to be more tentative
- Assess if your conclusion consists of each summarized points
- Check referencing format consistency and fine detail of your references
- Proofread: Screen your content under spell check software to find out any misspelled words, typing errors and accidental repetitions. When you proofread for grammar or style, you need to be more careful. If you find out an error, you can use ‘search-replace’ function to correct the particular error throughout the paper. While proofreading the document, you need to —
- Read the document in reverse order, one sentence at a time until you reach the beginning
- Use something to prevent your eyes from skipping ahead
- Scan through the paper multiple times
The above mentioned the most useful writing tips that you could ever lay your hands on. If you still fear the assignment writing process and long hours of pondering over dozens of brick-sized books, here is the simplest solution for you. Avail the services of MyAssignmenthelp.com. It offers you academic assistance at every step of assignment writing.
How MyAssignmenthelp.com can help you to write professional quality assignment?
MyAssignmenthelp.com is an assignment writing help service provider that has made a worldwide reputation for itself by climbing up the competition ladder. Our expert writers know that students struggle to get the desired results in academic writing. This is why they provide:
Online assignment help:
Students are welcomed to get academic assistance on all topics at any level. You can order customize projects having reflection of your own style.
Custom essay help:
We are not one of those companies that provide pre-written article. Each order is written from scratch by our academic subject experts. We provide admissions, reflective, argumentative, descriptive essay and many more.
Dissertation writing service:
We know that dissertation and thesis is the final hurdle to get your doctorate. This is why we offer dissertation writing service at your convenience. Our expert researchers help you to locate the sources referenced in your dissertation.
If you are not satisfied with the order, you can request for endless number of re-edits that won’t cost you a penny. But we have a firm belief that our professionals writers are capable of producing the expected assignment at one go.
- On-time delivery
- 100 percent plagiarism free content
- Reasonable price
- Well referenced and researched content
- Finest quality work
- 24x7 customer support availability
- 3000+ qualified writers and experts
So don’t lose hope. We have services that can meet your expectations in a perfect manner.