Save Time & Improve Grades
Just share your requirements and get customized solutions on time.
COVID-19 Challenges: How to Get Motivated to Do Assignments?
Due to COVID-19, the world is in chaos, and the peace of human minds has gone for a toss. “Social distancing”, “home quarantine”, and “lockdown” have become regular household talks. With so much uncertainty around, it’s quite natural for students to wonder how to get motivated to do assignments.
No books, speeches, videos, or tutorials can succeed in helping you if you don’t have the motivation to do my assignments. Yes, the present scenario is hard, and the future looks uncertain. But, we cannot fight any challenge with negativity and hopelessness.
Most students are feeling even more challenged with studies, and they are in desperate need of motivation to do their academic assignments. However, there are steps to motivate you to engage in your studies. In the following paragraphs, we have jotted down ten simple but useful tips to help you learn how to feel motivated and stay on track with your academic requirements.
How to Get Motivated to Do Assignments: 10 Useful Ideas
- Set a routine:
Setting a method will help you stay in touch with your old routine. For instance, get dressed before you sit to study. It will not only help you shift your mindset but will also create a productive atmosphere.
- A daily study goal:
Universities around the globe have shifted to online education so that students don’t lag with their studies. One of the most crucial steps to stay motivated is to take your online lectures seriously and be as much productive as you can. Set study goals which are feasible for you. Make a progress sheet to evaluate your weekly progress.
- Use apps for group studies:
For some students, group studies act as the biggest motivation to do their assignments. Modern technology has brought everyone close. Make use of platforms like Messenger, FaceTime, or Zoom to connect with your study group virtually. Try a Pomodoro study session. After every 25 minutes of study, take a break of 5 minutes. Use timers to measure the study sessions.
- Schedule virtual meet ups with your close ones:
Social distancing has taken a toll on extroverts (and introverts, too). Not getting to meet friends to vent out emotional stress can be quite taxing. Thankfully, we have social media. Schedule regular virtual get-togethers and celebrate whatever you like. When you set a time to chat with your friends, it will cheer you up and give you something to look forward to.
- Try online memory games or multiplayer card games:
We all have our favourite online games that we love to go back to whenever an opportunity arises. After studies, relax your mind with some online memory games. Have a virtual game night with your friends by using multiplayer card games like the UNO app.
- Set aside enough time to relax:
Working or studying from home can become even harder if you cannot ward off the temptation to binge-watch series on Netflix or Hulu. Schedule a proper work and recreation plan. Follow the usual 9 to 5 routine, take breaks in between, and relax at the end of the day. This way, you will be able to maintain a healthy balance between studying and relaxing.
- Take care of your mental health:
In challenging times like these, staying motivated can become extremely difficult. Even if you know how to get motivated to do assignments, it won’t work if you don’t manage your stress and prioritise your mental condition. Hence, try to follow a regular schedule to make sure that you are not falling through the cracks.
- Don’t pay attention to rumours:
The news channels and social media platforms are full of pandemic news. So, limit yourself from reading or listening to news about COVID-19. Read the report from one reputable source once in a day, and that’s it. Don’t get wrapped up with constant updates as it will only build up your anxiety.
- Stay connected:
If you are stressing about how to get motivated to do assignments, talking to your professors would be a great idea. They would be happy to hear you out and help you with your problems. Don’t bottle up your anxiety. Let your feelings out with whomever you feel comfortable.
- It’s okay to feel lazy:
Yes, nothing in life is normal now. Some days you would feel gloomy and may not be able to focus on your assignments. It’s okay. Don’t be hard on yourself. Try to complete the high priority task and take a break. Do something that relaxes your mind. Develop a new pastime like cooking, singing, or learn to play an instrument.
When things go out of your control, try to look for something that you can control to make it better. Concentrate on the present and find the best way to make it worth your time.
Closing Notes on How to Find motivation to do your assignments
- Yes, in times like this, it’s natural to get distracted and demotivated. However, remind yourself why this course is essential. Think about your career goals and your aspirations.
- We know it’s hard but imagine a happy future two months from now. Make use of every minute now so that you have no regrets looking back.
- Goals give you a direction and push you to work hard. Set a regular goal with a balanced schedule for your studies, self-care, and relaxation.
- Sleep on time, eat balanced meals, do yoga or meditate. Don’t study or work at a stretch, and enjoy some quality time with your family.
- Don’t disconnect from the world. Make use of your internet services. Reach out to your friends whenever you feel you are going to “lose it”.
- Following the same routine can become monotonous and boring. So, try to mix things up.
- Choose a comfortable spot, play soft music, enjoy a cup of hot chocolate to relax your nerves in between work.
- Make your work fun and interesting with proper breaks, virtual group studies, and quiz sessions with your friends.
- Study sincerely when you need to. Block all the temptations and complete your homework within your set timeframe.
- Lastly, remember to breathe. Sometimes life gets the better of most of us. But when we take some time out and relax, it helps us look at a situation from a different perspective.
Practice the strategies mentioned above to deal with anxiety efficiently and keep unnecessary stress at bay. Reach out for support if you need someone to talk to. Remember, there’s nothing that we cannot overcome together.
Struggling to Stay Motivated during Such Harsh Times?
Talk to the Expert Counsellors at MyAssignmenthelp.com
MyAssisgnmenthelp.com is a famous name in the academic industry. We provide educational assistance of unparalleled quality to students of all disciplines without charging a fortune.
Our team of 5000+ academicians includes prolific writers, brilliant professors, subject matter experts and experienced editors and proofreaders. Our in-house counsellors can help students overcome their academic stress and give them the much-needed motivation to do their assignments in such dismal times.
Apart from getting regular updates on current affairs, you will also receive outstanding academic services and some added benefits like:
- Excellent quality support for 100+ subjects
- Pocket-friendly services with additional discounts
- 24*7 Instant support from our online customer service team
- 100% plagiarism-free work with FREE editing and referencing assistance
- Guaranteed on-time delivery of all types of solutions
- 100% safety and confidentiality of students details
- Easy and secured mode of monetary transactions
We don’t charge you a penny for getting a subscription for newsletters. So, hit the subscribe button now for more COVID-19 related updates and receive our weekly newsletters.