You have been asked by your supervisor to buy some desktops and laptops.
She asked you to compare prices for Dell and Apple desktops and laptops
Specifically, she has said she wants 1 desktop computer, 5 laptop computers, one color LaserJet and on desk jet printer:
Let’s assume you purchased a dell desktop. Please tell me the following:
1) One desktop must be able to create video files. (12 Marks)
a. You must buy video editing software
i. Name the software (2 marks)
b.You must buy a very powerful monitor
i. Name the type of monitor. (2 marks)
c. You must buy a large amount of RAM
i. Let me now how much. (2 marks)
d. You must buy a large hard drive
i. Let me know their type of hard drive, the model, and size.
ii. (2 marks)
e. You must buy a very fast CPU
i. Let me know the manufacturer and speed of the CPU. (2 marks)
f. The price of this desktop cannot be above $2500 (taxes not included) (2 marks)
2) You must buy two-15” laptops and 3-17” laptops (6 marks)
a. The total price for all the laptops is not to exceed $14,500 (taxes not included).
b. Remember, you must make the decision. You can buy 2 PCs and 3 MACs or 1 PCs and 4 MACs or 1 MAC and 4 pc’s…Show me your decision making abilities.
3) You must buy one color LaserJet printer (2 marks)
4) You must buy one color inkjet printer. (2 marks)
5) You must buy Microsoft Office 365 for each computer and laptop. (2 marks)
6) You must buy antivirus software for each computer and laptop (2 marks)
7) You must buy accounting software. (2 marks)
8) You must buy 2 year warranty for each computer and laptop. (2 marks)
9) You must show me what website you went to by inserting a link into your document. (2 marks)
10) You can create an excel document or create a word document. (6 marks)
a. If you use a word document you can copy and paste images from the websites you went on. The images should detail the computer specifications.
11) You can also go to a computer store and get all your quotes from a sales person.
a. Tell them you are working on a school project.
To complete this project you must show me a breakdown of the costs for the Dell computers and the Apple computers. The secret to getting 100% on this project is in the details. The more details you give me the more marks you will receive.