For this assignment, you will be combining analysis, comparison and creativity to create a visual analysis comparing two texts.
1) You must identify all of the literary elements listed below for EACH story you are using (the new story and the course text).
2) You will write down the similarities between the new story and the course text for each literary element. There should be 2 similarities for EACH literary element.
3) You will write your answers in complete short answer responses (NOT paragraphs). You will have a topic heading that is underlined, and then sentences that state the similarity, followed by 2 quotation from the new story read AND 2 quotations from the course text.
4) For each element, you will have a total of 4 quotations that are proper cited using intext citations and MLA formatting (2 from new story and 2 from course text)
5) For each quotation, you will analyze and explain the meaning 6) For each literary element you will explain how the new story and the course text are similar
7) MLA works cited and in-text citations for all quotations and texts used
● Literary Analysis demonstrates exceptional understanding of the story, extremely detailed and accurate with critical examples / evidence to support comparisons
● Correctly identifies all 6 literary elements and explains all aspects of the element in the new story
● Correctly identifies all 6 literary elements and explains all aspects of the element in the course text
● comparison statements are exceptionally clear, well developed, and a definitive statement based on literary elements (6 comparison statements total)
● 2 similarities for each element are explained and analysed
● analysis is insightful, critical and has consistent connections made between the new story and course text; thorough explanations of similarities for each literary element
● exceptionally clear, logical, comprehensive, and precise Literary Analysis that shows similarities through excellent analytical structure
● Comprehensive and explicit linking words used to connect sentences/ ideas
● Literary Analysis is very concise, clear, with consistently proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation (0-1 mistakes)
● Has created thoroughly detailed subheadings for each literary element
● Literary Analysis has 2 critical quotations from the new story in each section of literary analysis that are integrated with high degree of effectiveness (total of 12 quotations from new story)
● Literary Analysis has 2 critical quotations from the course text in each section of literary analysis that are integrated with high degree of effectiveness (total of 12 quotations from course text)
● MLA formatting, citations, works cited are present, correct and include