You may use your own employment context, or that of another organisation with which you are very familiar, to base your assignment and you must cite clear recommendations for improvement.
You must produce a portfolio, which is appropriately presented. Your Portfolio must comprise the following:
- Within your organization (or one with which you are very familiar) conduct an analysis and evaluation of the importance of aligning HR strategy with corporate strategy in determining HR plans and policies in support of organisational efficiencies and the effective management of people, including recommendations for improvement.
- Critically evaluate what is meant by organisational culture and discuss the relationship between culture, power, politics and conflict; and the relationship between culture and morale, motivation, empowerment and behaviour of employees, citing recommendations on how to influence the behaviour of employees. Evaluate your own or your chosen organisation's welfare culture. Give practical examples of the commitment to staff welfare and identify any areas for improvement. Analyse the impact a commitment to staff welfare has on strategic objectives and on organisational values, staff morale and motivation.
- Critically evaluate a range of theories including, but not limited to, legal and organisational frameworks for grievance and disciplinary processes, for the management of people within an organization, you should explore the wider global context and, if appropriate, include reference to external agencies and alternative dispute resolution and recommendations for improvement.
- Critically evaluate a range of financial models that an organisation of your choice might use to assess the financial viability of a major global HR initiative. You should include in your evaluation the potential impact of international financial factors such as foreign currency and interest rates.
- Identify an event or incident which had a significant impact on an organisation's employees and critically reflect on your own learning in this module, evaluating how the theories and concepts influence your role as a leader and manager and exploring the potential impact on your organisation. As a result, please identify any effects on your personal and professional development, citing actions which you now need to take and any potential barriers.