Critique the World Heath Organisations' active ageing model of care. Your critique should include a description of the way that older people are represented in policy, legislation and society.
Points to consider:
• Your essay can be focused on a specific country or cover these principles globally.
• Critiquing a model of care is essentially evaluating the model. The critique should include discussion of the positives and negatives of the model
. • You should also include a discussion of the way that older people are represented in policy legislation and society. The way older people are represented has an impact on health policyand models of care The active ageing model of care is an example of this. In your modules there is more information on this topic.
This assessment requires you to:
• Write an essay incorporating an introduction, body and conclusion (NB no headings). If you have just returned to study or have difficulty constructing essays please refer to the 'Academic Literacy' document on how to develop an essay under 'Assessment' on the vUWS site.
• Define the term 'social capital' and provide examples of how this concept has been applied in health and social policy and programs
• Critique these examples with reference to the literature.