The purpose of this short answer test in-class assessment is to enable the student to demonstrate:
• An understanding of the principles of perioperative nursing care in relation to a person who has ulcerative colitis
• An understanding of alterations in body fluid homeostasis and the management of fluid balance in the perioperative period
• An understanding of the role of the nurse in the perioperative period in relation to a person who has ulcerative colitis
• An understanding of the pathophysiology of ulcerative colitis
• An understanding of pharmacological agents that may be used in the perioperative care of a person who has ulcerative colitis
• An understanding of how safe and effective administration of pharmacological agents support people in perioperative care
• An evaluation of relevant literature to support an understanding of the pathophysiology, pharmacological and nursing management of a person experiencing Crohn’s disease and express this in a clear and succinct writing style.