Identify and apply appropriate methods of communication to issues relevant to employability within a defined sector.
Apply standard IT packages to produce reports and other documents, pertaining to employment and employability.
Classify, analyse and evaluate numerical data and narrative to seek solutions related to structured and semi-structured problems, related to employment issues.
Section one: A comprehensive research into and analysis of the current graduate job market.
The future of work in different sectors of industries is experiencing transformation towards the job market. Therefore, this report is aiming to face and handle the challenge on those transformations and how they will favor graduate in future jobs (Lee et al., 2018). The reason being, the technological revolution in the market resulted to changes in socio-economic, demographic and political forces affecting various job factors in all directions. This results to threat on job market like the redundancy on some jobs and other rapid changes in existing jobs which skills required are undergoing progressive change with time (Peatman et al., 2017). Therefore, a great shift in future is needed on employment skills and the process of recruiting new candidates in the market so as to cope with future dynamic changes and benefit from them.
In the current market, there are various graduate job opportunities which depend on specialization of the graduates in different industries. In the field of Business Administration, there is a job vacancy of a graduate in the role of an Administration Manager (Kumari and Prasad, 2018). For a graduate to occupy this position fully and be comfortable according to it should require adequate skills, experience, and knowledge in the field of Business Administration (Pfohl, 2018).
The employer requires the graduate to be able to run and supervise daily operation of the company and put strategies on the well-organized administrative measures. The person should be able to lead the professional team to accomplish the administrative activities in various business sectors as well. The graduate should be able to communicate effectively in both formal and informal company operations (Spetz, Coffman and Bates, 2018). The graduate is able to demonstrate this by selecting the right job position according to the roles, skills and knowledge required to perform the job. After a thorough job analysis the graduate should submit an application letter and his resume to the targeted company. The company shall only employ the graduate if he /she meets all the obligations required to for the position of an Administration Manager in the company (Torres-Sospedra et al., 2017).
XYZ limited has advertised for the position of an administration manager in a local newspaper. This is a good opportunity for me because I appropriately qualify for the position since I have met all the requirements that has been outlined for this position in its job specification area. The knowledge I have acquired in the course of studying Business Administration shall enable me to perform all the duties of an Administration Manager described in the advert like planning and coordinating administrative policies on the company's operation, training and recruiting employees and allocating duties in their area of specialization, assessment of staff performance and providing guidance, scheduling various tasks and ensuring that they are accomplished within the required deadlines, monitoring organization flow of income, expenses and inventory and ensuring that all operations are in accordance with the organization’s regulations and policies and among others in my line of duty hence I am potential candidate for this position (Glover and Rego, 2018).
Section two: A comprehensive analysis of current research and reports into the future of work, looking forward to anticipated requirements for the roles in 10 to 15 years.
The position of an administration manager shall have more demand in the future market (Hiatt, Swaim and Maloni, 2018). The current research shows that the combined skills related to the position is changing because of the continuous changes in technology, business activities, and human resource requirements in relation to the task. The transformation of new ideas and innovation will influence the role of an administration manager in future, therefore, requiring new knowledge and skills for the job. This changes will affect the administrative employment in the working sector by 2030 (Talan and Bloom, 2018).
The research proofs that the main trend in the Administrative sector is as follows:
- Entrepreneurial style. This sector will have increasingly approach on entrepreneurial jobs in the market and careers. The business principle on management and interpersonal emotions it will be possessed on as a knowledge for understanding organization actives (Fama and French, 2017).
- New responsibilities and set of skills. Professional career in administration it will focus on training, budgeting, planning skills, delegation, and negotiation. Other skills will include, communication on electronic devices, emerging issues on security and integrity, desktop printing and knowledge on library science (Fama and French, 2017).
- Specialized title role. This it encourages specialist in the administrative sector rather than being general in job explanations. This will enable managerial and technical tasks to be performed successfully (Fama and French, 2017).
Due to all these changes in future the graduate in Business Administration sector need also to evolve. In the future the Title Administration Manager it will not be adequate to cover the scope and penetration of experience needed in the field. Therefore, new position it will emerge and more specialization be allocated. By 2030, the Administration Manager will probably have the specialist function like as shown below.
- Resource Co-coordinator. Many offices will employ numerous personnel on heavily individual expert at collecting at a pool of the accurate human resources in a specific project. Example like in a camera crew, film creators and production group in general (Hendrickson, Salter and Albrecht, 2018).
- Workflow controller. The mission of an individual it will serve as organization control. Therefore, the coordinator of the resource will collect together project group and ensuring they total support and all required resources to run the operation smoothly. This area of specialization also it will enable resource interaction and transfer with organization departments. In a small enterprise, the personnel will operate in the workflow and resource
Management (Hendrickson, Salter and Albrecht, 2018).
- Knowledge manager. This personnel will ensure consistency and continuity of the organization operates. Also, it will assist in the professional adjustment of the project, helping new workers to capture with the administrations ‘culture. This personnel he/she will work the same as the librarian, helping people in the allocation of documents or perform their task using relevant data (Hendrickson, Salter and Albrecht, 2018).
- Telecommuting Liaison. As the increase of site workers in the company, the organization it will have a specialist in Telecommuter liaison to coordinate all remote employees individually and also to the management. Daily responsibilities it will include schedule management, providing support on technical issues and offering changes in organizations procedures and policies (Hendrickson, Salter and Albrecht, 2018).
- Virtual organizer of the meeting. The personnel will help in setting up important facilities and planning employees’ conferences. They will involve the use of cameras, whiteboard electronics, meeting soft wares and system projection. These all tools will be under his/her control (Hendrickson, Salter and Albrecht, 2018).
Therefore, according to the above new roles in Business Administration, it means the sector is evolving and the graduate should equip themselves according to adapt, the future career jobs.
The research carried out was very important in considering my career choice. It has helped me to be detailed in my field of study, Business Administration. It has helped me to specialize in the position of Administration Manager of any organization and noticed that being able to operate the responsibilities assigned.
From the finding, I have analyzed that this sector of Business Administration is evolving as technology dramatically does. My skills, experience, and knowledge will remain constant rather than will be progressively growing and being captured with new ideas. This will help me to specialize in different areas as identified above for future sustainability in the career plan. The roles also of the Administration Manager it will change as 2030 is approaching, therefore, urgent change for rhyming is needed.
Darwish, S.M.H., Ahmed, N. and Al-Ahmari, A.M., 2017. Conclusions and Future Work Recommendations. In Laser Beam Micro-milling of Micro-channels in Aerospace Alloys(pp. 259-264). Springer, Singapore.
Fama, E.F. and French, K.R., 2017. International tests of a five-factor asset pricing model. Journal of Financial Economics, 123(3), pp.441-463.
Glover, F. and Rego, C., 2018. New assignment?based neighborhoods for traveling salesman and routing problems. Networks, 71(3), pp.170-187.
Hendrickson, J.R., Salter, A.W. and Albrecht, B.C., 2018. Preventing plunder: Military technology, capital accumulation, and economic growth. Journal of Macroeconomics, 58, pp.154-173.
Hiatt, M.S., Swaim, J.A. and Malone, M.J., 2018. Choosing an undergraduate major in business administration: Student evaluative criteria, behavioral influences, and instructional modalities. The International Journal of Management Education, 16(3), pp.524-540.
Kumari, D.L. and Prasad, M.G., 2018. Error Rate Performance of OFDMA and MIMO Technology Over Rayleigh Fading Channel in 4G Networks. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 13(12), pp.10687-10689.
Lee, C.S., Ooi, A.S., Zenn, M.R. and Song, D.H., 2018. The Utility of a Master of Business Administration Degree in Plastic Surgery: Determining Motivations and Outcomes of a Formal Business Education Among Plastic Surgeons. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Global Open, 6(6).
Peatman, T., Smith, N., Park, T., and Caillat, S., 2017. Better purse seine catch composition estimates: recent progress and future work plan for Project 60. SC13 ST-WP-02. Thirteenth
Pfohl, H.C., 2018. Logistiksysteme: Betriebswirtschaftliche Grundlagen. 9., neu bearb. u. actual (No. 106054). Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
Saw, T., Win, K.K., Aung, Z.M.M. and Oo, M.S., 2018, May. Investigation of the Use of Learning Management System (Moodle) in University of Computer Studies, Mandalay. In International Conference on Big Data Analysis and Deep Learning Applications (pp. 160-168). Springer, Singapore.
Spetz, J., Coffman, J. and Bates, T., 2018. The San Joaquin Valley Registered Nurse Workforce: Forecasted Supply and Demand, 2016-2030.
Talan, T.N. and Bloom, P.J., 2018. Business Administration Scale for Family Child Care (BAS). Teachers College Press.
Torres-Sospedra, J., Jiménez, A.R., Knuth, S., Moreira, A., Beer, Y., Fetzer, T., Ta, V.C., Montoliu, R., Seco, F., Mendoza-Silva, G.M. and Belmonte, O., 2017. The smartphone-based offline indoor location competition at IPIN 2016: Analysis and future work. Sensors, 17(3), p.557.