The Individual CW checks the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate the awareness of recent research and debates around it;
- Understand, handle and interpret key microeconomic data within the analysis;
- Demonstrate the ability to use and apply with some confidence, standard algebraic, statistical and diagrammatic representations of relevant models;
- Demonstrate the ability to critically assess and use microeconomic principles and concepts.
You are required to demonstrate the ability to write a solid literature review on "the behavior of a monopoly". In order to fulfill the task, you will be expected to:
- Stress the topicality and importance of the given topic and provide theoretical models to explain it. In this part we suggest on concentrating the pricing and production strategies of the monopoly along with social efficiency concerns from the theoretical standpoint.
- Discuss and compare recent and past empirical research implemented to studying the social efficiency of the monopoly including empirical results and corresponding conclusions of the studies.
- Critically assess the propositions of the baseline research papers and give your conclusions on the effectiveness of theoretical models in explaining practice. Here we also suggest to pick one non-Uzbek monopoly and observe its behavior over specific time period.