Why Accounting?” at the top and find the following sections
1. Career Options – Consider all categories here including Entertainment, Technology, Sports, etc.( on the left side of the screen). Find 3 jobs that look good to you. Share a brief description of each one of your chosen 3 jobs and why this job was interesting to you.
2. Salary and Demand – Name the highest salary and the lowest salary listed here. How much do you estimate for a starting salary in accounting in the mid-Michigan Jackson-Lansing area.
3. CPA Skills – Name the 4 categories of skills outlined here and describe each category and why this kind of skill is important for an accounting professional. Then, share which category of skills best matches your skills.
4. Ask A CPA – review only
5. Real-Life CPA’s – review only
Click on: “Becoming a CPA” and then “Education Options” and then “Is Community College Right For You?” (left)
Read everything on this page. There are 6 “Pro’s” listed. Do you agree or disagree? Describe. There are only 2 “Con’s” listed. Do you agree or disagree? Describe. Pick one statistic from “The Stats” section that stands out most in your mind.
Click on: “Games & Tools” and then “FutureMe”.
6. Click through and play this game. At the end, you will be presented with 10 possible business cards and dream jobs. Pick one of the 10. Which one did you select and why would you like this job?