Based on the information provided in the company’s Annual Report for Financial Year 2016, you have to answer the following sub-questions.
1) How many independent directors are there?
2) What is the number of directors of each gender?
3) Qualifications of three directors
4) Experience of these three directors
5) Are they on other boards and if so, what kind?
You have to work on the same company as you have selected in Part 1.
As an in-house accountant of the selected company, you were asked to prepare a report to be used in its annual general meeting.
The report needs to discuss the following matters using the information found in the company’s annual report for 2016 and the past years if necessary.
1) The current profitability level of the company, and how stable its profitability level has been for the past several years
2) How its dividend payments have been, and how the company’s equity has been growing in the recent years.
3) Is the company recognising any opportunity for the future growth (e.g., new business segments and/or new services)?
4) Is the company recognising any challenge in the current business activities (e.g., the rise of competitors)?
5) What has the company being doing to contribute to social and environmental sustainability?
All the arguments have to be made based on the information provided in the annual report.
You may also find it useful to google some financial articles from net, newspapers or journals or from case studies in your text book on issues relevant to your company. This may enhance your assignment.
You have to appropriately cite/reference all the supporting articles
Question 2: Leases
a) What kind of lease does your selected company use for their offices or properties?
b) What kind of lease does your selected company use for their equipment or other assets?
Why do you think they use the particular kind of lease in each case?
How are these leases recorded in your selected company’s Annual Report for 2016?
According to your selected company, what are some advantages and disadvantages of using different types of lease agreements
Why do you think the Lease Standard (AASB 117) has been introduced?
1): Does the Orion Ltd lease arrangement involve a finance lease or an operating lease? Justify your choice.
2): Critically evaluate the accounting treatment adopted by Triton Ltd with respect to the sale and leaseback agreement. Refer, where necessary, to relevant sections of
A. Explain the need for making adjustments for intragroup transactions and describe a key point to remember in relation to the consolidated financial statements in your own words
B. Explain why income tax effects arise from intragroup transactions in a consolidation group and what situation must exist before the tax effect.