1.Select one Australian company listed company from the list below and by complete both Part 1 and 2.
Select one company:
2. Based on the information provided in the company’s Annual Report for Financial Year 2016, you have to answer the following sub-questions.
1) How many independent directors are there?
2) What is the number of directors of each gender?
3) Qualifications of three directors
4) Experience of these three directors
5) Are they on other boards and if so, what kind?
3.The report needs to discuss the following matters using the information found in the company’s annual report for 2016 and the past years if necessary.
(1) The current profitability level of the company, and how stable its profitability level has been for the past several years
(2) How its dividend payments have been, and how has the company’s equity been growing in the recent years?
(3) Is the company recognising any opportunity for the future growth (e.g., new business segments and/or new services)?
(4) Is the company recognising any challenge in the current business activities (e.g., rise of the competitors)?