This assessment involves setting up a new company file in MYOB and processing one month of transactions, including various subsidiary ledgers, preparing reports and preparation of a bank reconciliation. This is a very long assignment and requires regular work every week.This cannot be done in a few days! You will learn how to use MYOB as you progress through the assignment and read the student companion at each step. You will be required to have
both the MYOB software open as well as your Perdisco account. The Perdisco account will be the assignment questions you will be required to answer about your MYOB company file data.
1. Register a Perdisco account
2. Contact your facilitator for your access code to activate the practice set
3. Marking is done externally by Perdisco.
24 Hypertronlcs returned 3 units MePod multimedia players that were originally purchased on 19 January, for $2,310 each (includes 10% GST) original Invoice *3374. Mark issued a credit note (negative invoice) *3375 for the return of the above items and applied that credit note to the original Invoice. 24 Returned 5 faulty DK800 desktop computers that were purchased on 9 January (original Purchase *346) for 5781 each (includes 10% GST). The reference number for this purchase return is Purchase *349. JCN Electrical authorised the return and issued credit note Supplier Inv*VCM0001 which is to be applied to Invoice No. 968. 25 Sold items on credit to Turbo Tech.
Some of these items were previously ordered on 13 January, Customer PO*7551. Forwarded Invoice #3373 and delivered the following items to Turbo Tech:
• 6 units DK800 desktop computers for $1,210 each (includes 10% GST) • 10 units Swish Phones for $2,420 each (Includes 10% GST) • 2 units ill game consoles for $1,870 each (includes 10% GST).
26 Issued Cheque No. 4045 to JCN Electrical for the full balance outstanding on the account. 31 Received Cheque No. 620 from Handys Electronics in full payment of Invoice No. 3368, ID *CR000007. 31 Issued Cheque No. 4046 for 52,720 to pay for the current month's salary of the sales consultant.
The base salary for the month was $3,200 and Mark calculated the Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) tax withheld using a new tax table as $480. No other taxes or allowances applied. 31 Issued Cheque No. 4047 for $3,060 to pay for the current month's salary of the accountant. The base salary for the month was $3,600 and Mark calculated the Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) tax withheld using a new tax table as $540. No other taxes or allowances applied.
31 Issued Cheque no. 4048 for the amount of $1,870 (includes 10% GST) to Integer Energy for payment of the electricity bill for the current month. 31 Paid $1,980 (Includes 10% GST) to Vopstra for the current month's phOne bill, Cheque no. 4049. 32 Issued Cheque No. 4050 for $230 to mrtmc Bonk for the current month's interest on bank loan (use the FRE tax code). Once you have entered those transactions into MYOB, Mark instructs you to prepare a bank deposit slip for any cheque received throughout ate January and print a more up-to-date trial balance. As usual, he will ask you to answer several questions about MYOB to test that you eally.
1. Use MYOB to record all of the late January transactions for Intermaweb Computer. Note that this period includes one or more payroll transactions and that the dollar amounts to be recorded may be different to the amounts automatically calculated by your MYOB software. As a result you may be required to manually adjust the amounts automatically calculated by your software so that they match the amounts In your transaction list. We strongly suggest that you read the payroll 44rtioni,N of the learning centre before entering any payroll transactions.
2. Use MYOB to create a bank deposit slip as of 31 January 2018 in MYOB (ID reCR000008) and include all of the cheques received during the late January period into that deposit slip. 3. Use MYOB to print the latest trial balance for Intermaweb Computer that does not Include accounts with zero balances in MYOB. Then, transcribe your answers into the trial balance provided on this page.
The trial balance below requires more input from you than those you have completed previously. The accounts are not provided to you. Instead, you must construct the trial balance from the detailed accounts list of Intermaweb Computer. In the trial balance below, select accounts by clicking on '(select)' in the Account column. A popup window will appear where you select the appropriate account and your selection will automatically populate the Account 4 column. Next, enter the balance of each account into the appropriate columns of your trial balance.
4. Answer all of the questions about MYOB that are presented on this page.
After you have recorded the given transactions in MYOB, Mark asks you to perform the following steps in MYOB and then identify the column that is part of the window that appears after those steps have been completed: I. From the Sales Command Centre, click Sales Register. 2. In the Sales Register window that appears, click the Closed Invoices tab.
Select the column that is part of the window that appears after the above steps are performed:
Date Closed Price
Q2) After you have recorded the given transactions In MYOB, Mark wants to check that you have followed the correct Procedure when entering Me payment of the January electricity bill into MYOB. Mark asks which of the following Shows the correct series of actions to open an MYOB window that must be used to record the above transaction:
Go to the Banking Command Centre and click Pay Bills. Go to the Banking Command Centre and click Receive Money. Go to the Accounts Command Centre and click Spend Money. • None of the above statements are correct.
Mark then asks you to show her how you recorded Items returned by a customer Into MYOB. Select the correct series of actions to open an MYOB window that must be used to record Me above transaction Into MYOB: • Go to the Sales Command Centre and click Enter Sales.