Discuss the characteristics of Agile MIS infrastructure?
Agile MIS Infrastructure is the process of sharing the data and resources among the users within an organization. A firm is fully dependent on this infrastructure to deliver the goods and services to the customers. It optimizes the operations of the business process so that it raises the productivity and also increases the profitability of the firm. Agile MIS infrastructure supports the change in the business process.
Characteristics of Agile MIS infrastructure
1. Accessibility: At the time of operating a system, it defines the accessing ability of the user and also their performing ability. The application is being accessed by the user. Sometimes the application is being accessed only by the administrator, thus there is some restriction of accessing it by any other user except the administrator department.
2. Availability: If the system is being operative all the times then the availability of the products will be high, but when it is not operating then it will be unavailable to the user and the transaction process cannot takes place.
3. Maintainability: The system is being maintained properly. System maintenance means the system can be quickly accessed by the user so that the user can easily do the transaction process. The system is to be maintained as per the business change which means the change in the customer’s needs and their requirements.
4. Portability: The system will be portable when the software is to be operated on different types of devices (computers, laptops, mobiles etc).
5. Reliability: It ensures if a system is being operated correctly or not. If it is operating correctly then it gives accurate information to the user. The accurate information means that the task will have no error and will be accessed easily.
6. Scalability: It increases the growth rate to meet the needs of the user. It means the ability of the system is to raise the size of the product such that the customers are satisfied with the service.
7. Usability: It means to understand the user’s needs. The system is to be designed in such a way so that it can be efficiently used and the user can easily learn the process of using it. (Zhang; Carroll; Baltzan)
Amazaon.com is the online process of selling goods and services to the buyer. It sells DVDs, CDs, video games, furniture, jewellery etc to the buyer to obtain some profit from the buyer. Agile MIS infrastructure’s characteristics are applicable to Amazon.com as business. The following points show how the characteristics are applicable to it:
1. Accessibility: Amazon.com has access the personal information of the customer only for receiving the order, delivering the order and also for the transaction process. They are not disclosing the customer’s information in any third party website and are keeping this information secure. Amazon.com enables the privacy and security of their business as per their business policy. The whole business process is to be handled by the administrative.
2. Availability: When the buyer places an order, it shows the delivery date of the product. When the product is available, they have to pay the price of the specific product. After entering the details of the bank, the transaction is being processed. But if the product is out of stock then it shows that the product is not available, and requests to place the order. They promise to deliver the product when it is available, so it occurs after a certain period of time. They inform the buyer by e-mail if the product is available or not.
3. Maintainability: At first, Amazon.com maintains their application properly. They update new products and their respective prices. There are many competitors of Amazon.com, so to compete with their competitors they reduce the price of the products to increase the productivity. They satisfy their customer by giving best services like delivering the products in time, fulfilling the customer’s expectations and needs, giving good quality products. They have to update their products day-by-day according to the buyer’s needs.
4. Portability: The user uses the computer, PC to place any order through online. They are also using the mobile phones for buying and transaction process by downloading the apps in the mobile.
5. Reliability: At the time of buying and consuming the goods, the customer should focus if the site is giving the accurate information about the product, because inaccurate information should place the wrong order.
6. Scalability: Amazon.com focuses on the customer’s feedback. It increases their productivity by improving the size of the products, quality of the goods. Thus, it raises the growth rate.
7. Usability: com implements an easy technique to use their business process so that it should be easy handled by the customers for buying (Baltzan).
Agile MIS Infrastructure provides the information which should be used to obtain the organizational goals. The characteristics of Agile MIS Infrastructure are applicable to Amazon.com. They are updating the changes on time and also providing the accurate information to the user. It also increases the growth rate and profit.
Baltzan,. Business Driven Information Systems. 1st ed. The McGraw-Hill Companies, 2015. Web. 16 June 2015.
Carroll, John David. 'INFO 210 Ch. 5'. Quizlet.com. N.p., 2015. Web. 16 June 2015.
Zhang, Jie. '141.Lesson5.Chapter 5 - MIS Infrastructures'. prezi.com. N.p., 2015. Web. 16 June 2015.
Please enter a valid email address to download a sample you request.
We will send you answer file on this email address.
At MyAssignmenthelp.com, we understand that when students get stuck with tough assignments, they look for affordable services. To assist students with complex assignments, we have built a team of skilled cheap essay writers. MyAssignmenthelp.com has become one stop solution for all students who often look for answers related to their search similar to do my essay at the cheap rate or who can write my essay at affordable prices. Students prefer hiring us as we have the best provisions to render services related to do my essay online at a reasonable rate.