AIH is planning to offer financial help to the students by developing its own financial programs. The primary aim of this project is to offer low interest financial help to the students to encourage more students to enroll with the organization. The business goal of this initiative includes increase in the number of students, offering assistance to the students in fees and other living expenses and further encouraging the senior citizens, home makers, low income earners to study without worrying about a the cost of studying. However, there are certain risks associated with this plan, which includes the risk of accruing bad debts and so on. The business understanding of this scheme is elaborated in the following paragraphs.
The main objective of this project is to provide a financial help for the students without using the government sponsor. This organization is planning to implement this by developing its own financial programs by linking with the existing financial institution. This noble initiative is named as “We can pay you to study now” by the organization. The idea and objective behind implementing this project is to increase the students’ enrolment, offering assistance to the students with their fees, offering assistance for the living expenses of the students and providing avenue for students to encourage them for studying more without worrying.
The major problem area associated with the implementation of this project is its business development. Since the project deals with the development of financial help for the students by developing its own financial programs by linking with the existing financial institution, a major problem will occur in the implementation of the project if the existing financial institutions refuse to render their support.
Data mining is important for this project as it will give an idea of the students’ structure and details of the people who although are interested in undertaking a course, are not being able to join it due to financial issues (Shmueli & Lichtendahl Jr, 2017.).
The prerequisite of the project is definitely a rough calculation of the probable number of students who might be interested in undertaking a course if given this opportunity. Therefore, the business definitely use data mining (Larose, 2014).
The target group for this project is mainly the low-income earners, rural residents, international students and homemakers. A running system can definitely be expected as the organization is planning to upgrade its scheme from government financial help to providing own financial programs.
The users’ needs and expectation includes, studying without worrying about paying the course fees.
The successful implementation of this project may help in meeting the business objectives identified for this project. The different business success criteria associated with the project are listed below-
1) The project would be considered successful from a business point of view only if the enrollment of students is increased by 20% on an average.
2) Students are benefited by this project and proper student assistance is achieved
3) The project offers assistance for the students’ living expense that should be decreased by at least 5%.
4) The enrollment of senior citizens, professionals, homemakers and low income earners are increased by 10 %.
The resources available for the project are listed below-
1) The Project manager appointed for the project who is responsible for developing a proper project plan
2) A data-mining expert who is responsible for doing the market research about the success factors of the project
3) A high authority member of the organization to set the project and the business goals
4) The data gathered from the extensive data mining process
5) A proper data-mining tool such as Rapid miner and Orange (Hofmann & Klinkenberg, 2013)
6) A technical support expert hired for proper storage of the data gathered by the process of data mining (Ledolter, 2013)
The different data sources identified for the project includes –
1) The data collected from the different social media platforms as a result of extensive data mining. This data sources is grouped as online data sources that helps in estimating the needs of this project and its success criteria.
2) Data collected from different institution in order to know about the need of implementation of the project.
3) The different written documents and the research papers in assuming the probability of success of this project
The different knowledge sources for implementation of this project are listed below-
1) Different online sources, especially the social media that are used worldwide can be a great source of knowledge (Aggarwal & Zhai, 2012)
2) Different research papers may further help in gaining knowledge about the implementation of this project
The most important technique for successful implementation of this project is a data mining and a proper project implementation plan. The data mining tools that can be used includes Rapid miner and Orange.
The background knowledge that is essential for implementing this project is researching about the similar other projects and thoroughly understanding its pros and cons from business point of view. This will help in determining the correct strategy and plan for successful implementation of this project.
The requirements for the project are listed below-
1) The project must be completed within the set schedule in order to obtain the desired results. The project must be completed within 60 days.
2) The different risks associated with the project, which includes incurring a bad debt for lending money from different financial institution and causing financial hardship for students and the institution as well should be properly dealt with before implementing the project. The failure of this project may not only risk the organization and earn it bad reputation, it may further result in certain legal issues against the organization. Therefore, these conditions must be properly evaluated before the implementation of the project.
The different assumptions that are associated with the project are listed below-
1) The data are mined from reliable sources especially in case of online resources. The authenticity of the data is needed to be ascertained in order to receive an accurate result. the process of data mining holds utmost importance in proper implementation of this project and therefore ascertaining the integrity and authenticity of the data, which is mined is a must need.
2) The project schedule is sufficient for the completion of the project
3) The resources required for the project will be easily available
4) The project will not go over budget
The project constraints associated with the project are listed below-
1) 25 % of the project work should be completed within the first 20 days of project initiation
2) The resources are limited and therefore the project must be completed with the given resources only
3) The cost of the project cannot be changed
4) The scope of the project should remain intact
The different risks associated with the project and its contingency plan are listed in the following table-
Contingency Plan and Risk Mitigation
1) Schedule Risk: The project is taking a longer time than expected, which might ultimately lead in increasing the overall cost of the project
In order to ensure that this risk is not faced by the organization while implementing the project, the project progress must be supervised on a daily basis (McNeil, Frey & Embrechts, 2015).
2) Cost Risk: This risk might be a result of poor cost estimation and accuracy of scope creep
The cost risk can be mitigated by developing a proper requirement analysis of the project and developing the project plan accordingly (Christoffersen, 2012)
3) Performance Risk: This type of risk occurs when a project fails to produce results according to the specifications.
This risk can be mitigated by proper supervision of the project (Lam, 2014).
The business risks associated with this project includes the other institution that may develop similar business strategy in attracting the students.
The financial risks associated with the project is that, if the other financial institution refuses to render help.
The data risks included mining of data from un-trusted sources, which may provide wrong data.
The data-mining goal indentified in implementation of this project are listed below-
1) The process of data mining should be able to predict the possible number of students, who would be interested in joining the organization if this project is implemented (Chen, Chiang & Storey, 2012)
2) The process of data mining associated with this project should be able to classify the needs of implementing this project and the possibility of its success.
The data mining problem type associated with implementation of this project scalability of the data, that group into clustering problem of data mining. Highly scalable clustering algorithm is required for managing the data mining process (Wu et al., 2014).
Therefore, from the above discussion it can be concluded that the project under discussion can be implemented successfully by the said organization by an extensive research based data mining process and by following a proper project management plan. The report discusses the different requirements, assumptions and constraints associated with this project. The report further elaborates the business objectives and data mining goals associated with the project.
Aggarwal, C. C., & Zhai, C. (Eds.). (2012). Mining text data. Springer Science & Business Media.
Chen, H., Chiang, R. H., & Storey, V. C. (2012). Business intelligence and analytics: From big data to big impact. MIS quarterly, 36(4).
Christoffersen, P. F. (2012). Elements of financial risk management. Academic Press.
Hofmann, M., & Klinkenberg, R. (Eds.). (2013). RapidMiner: Data mining use cases and business analytics applications. CRC Press.
Lam, J. (2014). Enterprise risk management: from incentives to controls. John Wiley & Sons.
Larose, D. T. (2014). Discovering knowledge in data: an introduction to data mining. John Wiley & Sons.
Ledolter, J. (2013). Data mining and business analytics with R. John Wiley & Sons.
McNeil, A. J., Frey, R., & Embrechts, P. (2015). Quantitative risk management: Concepts, techniques and tools. Princeton university press.
Shmueli, G., & Lichtendahl Jr, K. C. (2017). Data Mining for Business Analytics: Concepts, Techniques, and Applications in R. John Wiley & Sons.
Wu, X., Zhu, X., Wu, G. Q., & Ding, W. (2014). Data mining with big data. IEEE transactions on knowledge and data engineering, 26(1), 97-107.
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2019). AIH Planning And Business Intelligence. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/aih-planning-and-business-intelligence.
"AIH Planning And Business Intelligence." My Assignment Help, 2019, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/aih-planning-and-business-intelligence.
My Assignment Help (2019) AIH Planning And Business Intelligence [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/aih-planning-and-business-intelligence
[Accessed 30 May 2020].
My Assignment Help. 'AIH Planning And Business Intelligence' (My Assignment Help, 2019) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/aih-planning-and-business-intelligence> accessed 30 May 2020.
My Assignment Help. AIH Planning And Business Intelligence [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2019 [cited 30 May 2020]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/aih-planning-and-business-intelligence.
At MyAssignmenthelp.com, we understand that when students get stuck with tough assignments, they look for affordable services. To assist students with complex assignments, we have built a team of skilled cheap essay writers. MyAssignmenthelp.com has become one stop solution for all students who often look for answers related to their search similar to do my essay at the cheap rate or who can write my essay at affordable prices. Students prefer hiring us as we have the best provisions to render services related to do my essay online at a reasonable rate.
Answers: 1.In selection of appropriate sample size, a tradeoff exists owing to higher accuracy of a larger sample versus a lower cost of a lower sample. The relevant factors for determining the minimum sample size are the accuracy desired by researcher (captured as Margin of Error) along with population standard deviation (σ) which highlights the underlying heterogeneity in population. The formula for minimum sample size is given b...Read More
Answer: Introduction According to me, life is a series of decisions some good and others bad. For example, I make a conscious decision to consume coffee instead of tea or cocoa every morning for breakfast. Other decisions I have made recently or continuously make on a daily basis are listed as follows: I normally take a bus or taxi to get to school I complete all assigned school tasks by 5pm, I only watch movies after 8pm and ensure that...Read More
Answer: Hypothesis Null Hypothesis: students who participate in extracurricular activities perform better in class. Alternative hypothesis: Students who do not participate in extracurricular activities perform better in studies. Variables Independent variable Participating in extracurricular activities is the independent variable. The action is not influenced by another activity thus independent. It is also known the explanatory variable....Read More
Answer: Introduction: The main objective for question 5 is to determine the first-order autocorrelation of AOret and AOSD for the full sample of the dataset provided. The main causes of autocorrelation are sluggishness in the business cycle, and the omitting variables form the model. To detect autocorrelation, simple regression is run using the data set. In this case, Return on All order will be used as the dependent variabl...Read More
Answer: Question (1a) Questionnaire method of survey could be used for 100 sample of students because the method is economical to obtain quantitative data for analysis and predictions. The questionnaire method of survey is preferred for this study in order to reach the sample of 100 students easily within a short period of time, obtain first and effective answers based on individuals. Question (1b) Simple random sampling. The research targe...Read More
Just share Requriment and get customize Solution.
Our writers make sure that all orders are submitted, prior to the deadline.
Using reliable plagiarism detection software, Turnitin.com.We only provide customized 100 percent original papers.
Feel free to contact our assignment writing services any time via phone, email or live chat.
Our writers can provide you professional writing assistance on any subject at any level.
Our best price guarantee ensures that the features we offer cannot be matched by any of the competitors.
Get all your documents checked for plagiarism or duplicacy with us.
Get different kinds of essays typed in minutes with clicks.
Calculate your semester grades and cumulative GPa with our GPA Calculator.
Balance any chemical equation in minutes just by entering the formula.
Calculate the number of words and number of pages of all your academic documents.
Our Mission Client Satisfaction
Very nicley done. Had no problems to get perfect marks. Will come back for sure for more help
Please don’t fluctuate after paying half amount. Fix it at starting. Thankful for your great work. I appreciate it.????????????
The answers were so clear and near perfect :D Just as my teacher wanted the answers to be. Also,, the APA style was awesome. Thanks a lot :)
I\'m having with the service. I like the way of delivery the content more importantly I\'m sure I ll get good grades