Literature Analysis and IT Manager Interview Report and Presentation
Topic: Social media
You may wish to choose organisations in the same industry or general location. This will allow you to make direct comparisons between the organisations.
Perform a literature analysis related to your topic.
- For all types of businesses, integration of IT (Information Technology) has brought a drastic positive change.
- This is true only if appropriate technology is used.
- IT has the capacity of changing the business operations’ scope and working, with positive impact on its market competency.
- There is no denial that the IT innovations have let the businesses to succeed as well as fail.
- The failure is due to huge number of changes, in the industry.
- Therefore, it is complicated to manage IT.
- It is determined that all the businesses aim to achieve competitive advantage.
- Competitive advantage refers to the ability of the company to deliver its products and services, which benefits either at less cost or an improved level, in contrast to its competitors, in the same sector.
- Social media plays marketing role.
- It opens the doors of opportunities, for the business.
- Social media helps in finding smart employees.
- It saves money for posting vacancy advertisement.
- This report is a research, to help understand the specific IT management issues.
- The Company A (transportation ) and Company B (transportation ) are considered for the analysis.
- Interview through email is conducted with these companies’ IT managers.
- The organizational policies will be analyzed, to determine the results.
- This report aims to represent various issues that exists in the research and while practicing in the management of information technology (IT) resource, in the organizations.
- The interview contains nearly 8 to16 questions, associated with IT management.
- It conducts less than 30 minutes interview.
- The data collected from IT managers will be analyzed and outcomes will be reported.
Case Study Organizations:
- Company A and Company B are both transportation companies.
- Company A, ensures to help the customers to reach their destination, just with a click of a button.
- Company A’s mission is mainly to bring transportation for one and all.
- It was founded during 2009.
- The quest of ease has led to the development of Company A.
- Technology is used to succeed in addressing customer issues.
- Company A definitely have faced many difficulties and challenges in the beginning.
- With time it has changed its business strategies, to effectively tackle all the challenges.
- It has implemented Social media to promote.
- Company A supports decreasing the congestion in the cities, which is possible when few cars for maximum number of people is used.
- Its headquarters is in San Francisco, California.
- Today, Company A have many offices in cities like the Chicago, New York City, Washington D.C, Los Angeles and Seattle.
- There are nearly 73 million riders, and more than 2.9 million drivers are connected to Company A.
- In 2017, 4 billion trips were completed, worldwide.
- Social media is a new battle, for all the top businesses to compete.
- It is also connected with the advertising or customer commitment.
- When compared to social media and the advertising, online networking has helped to increase the number of supporters and fan followers.
- The patterns of its system administration demonstrates that, honest appreciation benefits the organization.
- All the companies are utilizing their online networking records to establish association with the customers, to reach them.
- Company A takes active part in different web-based social networking.
Case Study Organizations: Company B
- Company B is also a transportation company.
- It was established in 2010.
- It handles cabs using online system.
- It is headquartered at Bengaluru, India.
- In 2017, it reached the revenue to Rs. 1,286 crore.
- It has expanded its network, with more than two lakh cars.
- It also provided different fleets.
- It eases with route hassle, by relying on the driver.
- It provides 24/7 customer support and is concerned about the passengers' safety.
- It has partnered with highly rated driver partners, who are well trained and verified too, with expertise in driving.
- In this report, the argument revolves around the following questions:
- Does social media benefit the business?
- Is trust management really important, for an organization?
- Is the interactional speed of Social media important?
- Are traditional media and the social media same?
- What role does the social media play in an IT company?
- Does Social media cost high?
- Can business survive without social media?
- Can trust be sustained/maintained through social media?
Information System Planning
- Information System (IS) planning supports the organizations to establish an effective plan to satisfy the short and long term information needs.
- IS Planning follows a comprehensive plan, to develop Management of Information System.
- Information management covers various systems and procedures inside any organization for making and utilizing the corporate related information.
- IS Planning plays a prominent role in creating and executing the strategic plans that are successful worldwide.
- IS Planning’s objectives are to achieve the desired positions in the future and to reach its destinations.
- It contains policies which are the basic rules of coordinating and provides restriction to organizational decision making.
Information System Planning
- The following are the stages that are present in IS Planning:
- Stage 1: Strategic Planning
- Stage 2: Information requirement analysis
- Stage 3: Resource Allocation
- Stage 4: Project Planning
Responses To Is Planning Questions
- The professionals, college students and club-goers use the common phrase, “Company A”.
- The responses about Company A states that, nearly 84% customers take the purchase decisions depending on their friends’ recommendations.
- It utilized this very point to make its brand a word-of-mouth marketing, by offering incentives to riders, just to exchange their social media shares.
- Their sharing did the work well for Company A, to get visible on social media.
- The final outcome is, Company A became a verb instead of a noun with minimal investment in advertising.
- The social media has increased Uber’s revenue from its previous year and the number of partners connecting has also increased. (Kasteler, 2016).
Responses To Is Planning Questions
- Company B has accelerating in business growth’s speed, in a short span of time.
- Right marketing and operational strategies, are important to promote the brand.
- Its first offline branding CHALO NIKLO campaign failed and it took chance with Facebook for online marketing.
- Luckily, Company B was shared by millions of people.
- It achieved some of its business goals too.
- Facebook Marketing medium has benefitted Company B (Mittal, 2016).
- The research is completed and the objective are met.
- Literature analysis targeted at an IT management issues are analyzed.
- Trust management and social media management are the issues encountered and addressed.
- Depending on the identified issues, social media is investigated.
- The data collected from different IT managers is analyzed and the reflecting outcomes are reported.