This assignment assesses the following:
- Understand the complexity surrounding the notion of global management and being a global manager.
- Critically appreciate the nature of change that is re-shaping the role of being a manager in global contexts.
- Understand the possibilities and new opportunities that a widening global perspective affords the manager, both for their organisation and their own capabilities.
- Critically articulate the nature of global management, its nuances and paradoxes, as well as its opportunities.
The Global Manager is an emergent conceptdrawing on a broad-range of competing notions. Using your Grounded Theory research, and supported by the Formative Assessment ‘Manifesto’ framework, and Plato’s Café dialogue, develop a coherent and argued assertion of the key concerns that your Global Manager must be aware of over the next 10-15 years.
- Highlight the complexitysurrounding the discussion of global management and being a global manager.
- Also address the nature of changein the current season and how this might affect the ideas within ‘being a global manager’.
- Offer some broad recommendationson what the ‘global manager’ might need to be mindful of. These should take the form only of appropriate questions for the mid and long-term rather than hard or didactic actions for the short-term.
- Where you can identify complexity and paradox about the future contextfor ‘global management’ e.g. changes in the nature of long-term value, these should be included.
Your answer should be in an assignment format.Tutor referral will apply to this assessment component. Tutor – referred work must be resubmitted one week after notification.