‘There is a concem in your community regarding the environment. You've been tasked to research and present the concems fo your local or state ‘government,
Perform an internet search to identify an instance of environmental pollution in your state.
Create a S-to &slide PowerPoint” presentation or a 350-10 525-ord proposal.
- Identify the effects of his polution on human health andthe environment.
- Explain the causes of this pollution.
- Recommend ways to preventiclean up this type of environmental pollution.
- Include appropriate images.
Use at least 2 outside references.
Format your presentation and references consistent ith APA guidelines.
- For Local Campus students, these are oral presentations accompanied by Microsoft® PowterPoint® presentations.
- For Online and Directed Study students, these are Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations with notes similar to what you would present orally.
Effects of air pollution on human health
There are many harmful effects that are caused by the air pollution on human health are respiratory disorders, irritation in the eyes and the nose, anxiety, fatigues, headaches and several other problems. One of the most common and dangerous effects of the air pollution that is seen today is the disease of the lungs and the cardiovascular diseases as well. This becomes very life-threatening as it can cause blockage of the respiratory tract. This blockage of the respiratory tract over the years can lead to many harmful diseases. This also results in the deadly disease like the asthma. This gives rise to many kinds of breathing problems in mankind. It is became if this problem that people often have to suffer from the lack of enough oxygen and have to depend on the supply of the artificial oxygen. This harmful effect of the air pollution is also seen within the children as well. As the children and the old people are more vulnerable, they easily become the victims of the environmental pollution. It also gives rise to many diseases in the liver and the blood of human being. Many people suffer from the eye irritations as well because their eyes are contaminated by this polluted air in the atmosphere. This can be very harmful for the reproductive organs as well. So, these harmful effects of air pollution on human health are becoming a major problem.
The major cause is the combustion from the industries
Figure1: Air pollution due to cars on road
- One of the dangerous kinds of pollution that is existing in this community is air pollution. This is becoming a major problem day by day as no one seems to be concerned enough about this. One of major reason behind this is the rising population of US.As the population is raising day by day so is the number of cars. As the number of areas is increasing in road, the amount of emissions is also increasing. This increased amount of smoke causes large-scale air pollution (Herrmann & Rothfuss, 2015).
- Another major cause is the combustion from the industries-
- As the population increases the standard of living of people is also increasing. This is also changing the needs and demands of people. In order to satisfy those, the amount of production in the factories and the manufacturing units is also increasing (Seinfeld & Pandis, 2016). So, these burning of the fuels and the chemicals also emit a huge amount of smoke into the atmosphere and thus cause pollution.
There are some ways by which one can check the amount of air pollution that is slowly damaging the environment.
Figure2: Keeping the Earth Pollution-free
- The basic and the foremost step that one must take is to use the eco-friendly cars on roads. This will help in disposing of the waste in a proper way. In other words, the almost system f driving the cars will help in checking the unnecessary wastage of the gas. The drivers must be careful about driving their cars within the proper speed limit (Devinny, Deshusses & Webster, 2017).
- Going green is one of the most useful and common methods that must be adopted by people. They must be concerned about the fact that these emissions are highly poisonous for the human health so the cars must be driven by pollution free or the biodegradable fuels.
Figure3: pollution-free cars
- Carpooling has to be used. Methods like carpooling, combining of the trips, riding a bike, car sharing are methods that will help in making the individuals drive their cars less and thus the amount of smoke emitted on the individual levels will also be less in amounts.
- Make wise decisions when going to buy a car. Only those cars are to be bought that will produce the least amount of smoke and will be pollution free. Other than getting the other legal documents like the driving licenses, the buyers must also consider getting the pollution tests as well. They must not drive those cars on the road that will be emitting a huge amount of smoke (Ringquist, 2016).
- Air pollution also is caused at home so efforts are to be made to reduce that as well. People must be using the eco-friendly devices like the low VOC paints, stains, paint strippers and other such aspects (Pauli, 2017).
- The chemical products must be avoided from being used in the houses for the purpose of cleaning. Rather the chemical free green products must be used for checking the harmful pollutants being released into the air. Trees must be planted at plenty so that they can easily absorb the pollution that is being released into the atmosphere (Govindan et al., 2015).
- Keep the fireplaces well maintained.
figure4: planting more trees around
Devinny, J. S., Deshusses, M. A., & Webster, T. S. (2017). Biofiltration for air pollution control. CRC press.
Govindan, K., Rajendran, S., Sarkis, J., & Murugesan, P. (2015). Multi criteria decision making approaches for green supplier evaluation and selection: a literature review. Journal of Cleaner Production, 98, 66-83.
Herrmann, F., & Rothfuss, F. (2015). Introduction to hybrid electric vehicles, battery electric vehicles, and off-road electric vehicles. In Advances in Battery Technologies for Electric Vehicles (pp. 3-16).
Pauli, G. (2017). Upsizing: The road to zero emissions: More jobs, more income and no pollution. Routledge.
Ringquist, E. J. (2016). Environmental Protection at the State Level: Politics and Progress in Controlling Pollution: Politics and Progress in Controlling Pollution. Routledge.
Seinfeld, J. H., & Pandis, S. N. (2016). Atmospheric chemistry and physics: from air pollution to climate change. John Wiley & Sons.