1. Describe the importance of demand management for effective supply chain management.
2. There are four types of products and services that are purchased with varying degrees of importance. Name all four, and choose two to discuss in terms of risk and value.
3. Discuss the nature and importance of the four logistics-related elements of customer service.
4. Describe with examples, five (5) characteristics of a good measure for supply chain performance.
5. Explain the role and importance of reverse logistics in contemporary supply chains.
6. Discuss the role of fourth-party logistics in supply chain.
7. Explain the role of transportation in the logistics management and supply chain management.
9. Samsung’s flagship mobile phone product, S8 was just launched recently. One component material that Samsung requires for the manufacturing of its S8 mobile phones is the microprocessor chip. The information for the annual use of the microprocessor chips are given below:
Refer to the information given. Demonstrate your working clearly (also include the formula/s used) and give your answer to the nearest whole number:
Trips and packages
Health and Food- Consumers would prefer food and health services simply because of the physical risk which occurs when something is wrong and unpleasant. They don’t consider their values since this can have impact on their life. .
3. Customer service basic aspects-Services that are very common to customers. These services motivate customers and even ensures that they stick with the company.
Customer service activities which are inevitable. -It’s all about receiving, sorting tasks and also handling items within the store. Companies modernize them so as to reduce the cost of servicing customers. Promoting customer service-It’s all about activities and works and on how these are being implemented since these services require high costs, hence resulting in an increase on sales. Customers additional service- -Is the use of computer systems within the store. It enables electronic payments and keeping various.
4. Quantitativity - Is the expression of the measure as an objective value.
Visibility- During the measuring process the impact of the measure are readily apparent to all involved.
Understanding it is easy-What is being measured can be seen easily.
Use economies of effort- Advantages of measure outweigh the costs of collection.
Facilitate trust- It validates participation among several parties.
5. Coordination and cooperation- These processes leads to a decrease in costs and an increase in the level of services.
Centralization- creates an efficient network for various transportation services.
Consolidation-promotes consolidated delivery in harmony hence facilitating logistics activities.
6. Fourth party logistics is about the external companies being used to perform logistics functions that traditionally have been performed by organizations. It aids in intensifying global competition.
7. For logistics activities to be efficient, a good transportation system must be provided, and this reduces operation costs, promote service quality and ensure better competition.
8. Bullwhip effect can be reduced by reducing knots of supply chain so as to ensure accuracy of information. It can be reduced by using efficient supply chain management system.
Seasonal variations in demand and supply can place great pressure in growing business. Supply shock can break fragile supply chains causing input prices to rise and stockouts. Peak season demand result in pressure as business struggle to satisfy customers expectations with limited stock.
No. of pallets required= R/Q
No of orders processed/year=(R/working days/year)*365
Expected time between orders=(working days/year)/No of pallets required
H.F. Guo, X.Y.Huang, impact of vendor or Managed Inventory on the Bullwhip Effect, Control Engineering,1 (2007)111-114.
R.Q.Chen, S.H Ma, Production and operations management, third ed, Higher Education Press, Beijing,2011.
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2019). Logistics And Supply Chain Management. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/bp255-logistics-and-supply-chain-management.
"Logistics And Supply Chain Management." My Assignment Help, 2019, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/bp255-logistics-and-supply-chain-management.
My Assignment Help (2019) Logistics And Supply Chain Management [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/bp255-logistics-and-supply-chain-management
[Accessed 24 January 2020].
My Assignment Help. 'Logistics And Supply Chain Management' (My Assignment Help, 2019) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/bp255-logistics-and-supply-chain-management> accessed 24 January 2020.
My Assignment Help. Logistics And Supply Chain Management [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2019 [cited 24 January 2020]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/bp255-logistics-and-supply-chain-management.
If you are looking for interesting essay topic ideas, we are the best essay writing services. Whether for a narrative piece or a persuasive one, our topics will keep your professor, and other readers intrigued. Our team of experts can also provide you with the best essay writing help if you want to make a quality submission. Apart from suggesting essay topics and writing them for you, we also offer complimentary editing and proofreading services. Call us for more details.
Answer: Introduction The author attempts to shade light on the discursive issue of heritage. The author identifies dominant or the authorized discourse which forms the central point of interaction for a range of subaltern and dissenting discourses. The authorized heritage discourse creates specific set of social and cultural practices that contain legacies based on the late modernity context. The heritage discourse establishes who possesses r...Read More
Answer: The table below summarises the optimal cost of purchasing crude oil products for supply to the Fredonia state in the next 20 years Year Country Number of ships Total cost incurred 1 Saudi Arabia 6 USA 5 Australia 1 $481,300,000.00 2 Saudi Arabia ...Read More
Answer: Introduction Nowadays, there is a very common issue that is gaining the attention of the media. This is under weighing of canned products. It is claimed that the contents in the can have a net weight which is less than the weight specified on its label. This issue has been investigated in Australia on Tuna cans. Tuna cans are available in the market in two cans. These are Brand A and Brand B. Both the brands are of 100 gm net weight a...Read More
Answer: Introduction The Hewlett-Packard Company which is commonly known as the HP is one of the biggest IT Company in the world. The organisation provides global services of many different kinds of products, solutions, technologies and services to customers and businesses. The organisation is having several offices all around the globe which takes care of the business . This paper provides information about one of the major office relocat...Read More
Answer: Introduction Organisations have seen a lot of changes in the operating environment of a business concern for more than half a century. Nowadays manufacturing concerns produce varieties of di products with globalization impacting most organisations . With the modernization of the manufacturing concerns, a new form of costing called activity based costing is steadily replacing traditional costing methods (Dale and Plunkett 2...Read More
Just share your requirements and get customized solutions on time.
Our writers make sure that all orders are submitted, prior to the deadline.
Using reliable plagiarism detection software, Turnitin.com.We only provide customized 100 percent original papers.
Feel free to contact our assignment writing services any time via phone, email or live chat.
Our writers can provide you professional writing assistance on any subject at any level.
Our best price guarantee ensures that the features we offer cannot be matched by any of the competitors.
Get all your documents checked for plagiarism or duplicacy with us.
Get different kinds of essays typed in minutes with clicks.
Calculate your semester grades and cumulative GPa with our GPA Calculator.
Balance any chemical equation in minutes just by entering the formula.
Calculate the number of words and number of pages of all your academic documents.
Our Mission Client Satisfaction
It was a good assignment. Keep it up. Hope that you maintain same standards in the future.
The work was on time but it was not satisfactory as there was no appendix and scored fewer marks of what I was expecting.
Extremely happy with the assessment . Would like to Tudor again on other assignment\'s, the excellent wording , and no mistakes , also the correct use of language. Definitely want the same Tudor for other assignments . 5 Stars . Thank You for the gr...
I have a very good experience with assignment help. In last semester i will take help for many assignments. I got very good grades from these assignments. Now, this semester I will take help from them in many assignments. The price of the assignments...