To complete the unit requirements safely and effectively, the individual must:
- Explain double-entry bookkeeping principles
- Identify general journal and general ledger entries
- List the key provisions of relevant legislation, regulations, standards and codes of practice that may preparation of financial reports
- Describe organisational accounting systems
- Outline relevant organisational policies, procedures and accounting standards.
Assessment must be conducted in a safe environment where evidence gathered demonstrates consistent performance of typical activities experienced in the financial administration field of work and include access to:
- Office equipment and resources
- Computer equipment and relevant software
- Relevant standards
- Samples of financial data
- Workplace reference materials such procedural manuals and company policy
- Case studies and, where possible, real situations.