1. Explain how you, as a manager, are able to use your emotional intelligence to minimise the impact of your own emotions on others in the workplace.
You must document the following:
Your own emotional strengths and weaknesses
Your personal stressors and emotional states related to the workplace
Your emotional triggers in relation to these personal stressors
Your workplace behaviours that demonstrate the management of your emotions
How you have developed your emotional intelligence.
2. Describe a situation in which you have used your emotional intelligence to do the following:
Responded to an emotional state of a co-worker by assessing emotional cues
Responded to an emotional state of a co-worker by recognising varying cultural emotional cues
Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability in dealing with a co-worker
Taken into account the emotions of others when making a decision.
3. Explain how you have promoted the development of emotional intelligence in others in the workplace including how you have:
Provided opportunities for others to express their thoughts and feelings
Assisted others to understand the effect their behaviour and emotions has on others in the workplace
Encouraged the self-management of emotions in others
Encouraged others to build productive relationships to maximise workplace outcomes.
4. Why is it important to strive for a positive emotional climate in the workplace and what have you done to encourage it?
5. Which of the workplace outcomes have been achieved by developing the emotional intelligence of your workforce?