"You have been employed by Canterbury Renovations, which is a start-up cabinet making business. You role is to help develop and implement the company strategic plans that support the direction and aspirations of the business.
You are to obtain a copy of the business plan from your employer (who will be role-played by your assessor), and read it carefully. Once understood, you are to arrange a time to meet with your employer (your assessor) to identify company goals and aspirations, and to clarify the business plan where required.
Next, you are to develop a detailed strategic plan for the company, ensuring that you:
- Confirm your business or organisations vision and mission;
- Include relevant organisational values
- Identify and consider strengths and weaknesses of existing and potential competitors and allies
- Analyse organisation's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats through a detailed SWOT analysis
- Document relevant research and background for inclusion in the strategic plan
- Formulate strategic objectives and strategies needed for the future
- Detail each strategy with an assigned priority, a timeframe, responsible parties and measurable performance indicators
- Provide for due diligence
What is the difference between a Mission Statement and a Vision Statement? What are the features of an effective vision statement?
What is a PEST Analysis. Provide 5 examples of each of the 4 PEST factors.
In the state that you live in what is the name of the Act that employees and employers must adhere to regarding workplace safety?
What are WHS compliance codes? List 2 compliance codes that may apply to your workplace.
Outline a strategy that you could implement to interest people / employees the companies risk management process. Be sure to detail how you would maintain the currency of information provided
You are to detail how you would identify an intervention point for expert risk management advice. Be sure to provide examples of when you would seek expert advice, and who you would contact to receive such advice.